Snooker case, why so small?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker case, why so small?????

O.K. Help me out here. Just bought a NEW case that I love and am very happy with. see thread http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=16737

Here is my question, why is the accessories compartment so small?

Its funny to me, being a pool player, our cases hold anything, and everything you can imagine. In America most publication do a "what's in your case" segment. If they did that for Snooker players it would be like, a cue and one piece of chalk (LOL)

How do you carry your other items to the club? Like chalk, sand paper, ball spotter, tip shaper etc.....

Mike

Well personally, the piece of sandpaper only needs to be the size of your thumbnail to rough the tip up, i dont know anyone that bothers taking a ball spotter, chalk goes in the chalk sized compartment you described in the case, and my cue towel i wrap around the handle to carry it. American pool players seem much more "gadget" oriented than snooker players.
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

You are right about that. We love gadgets!! Funny thing is, I can probably count on one hand the number of times I used one from my case. It is funny to see the differences between the two games (sports).

Mike

Comment

i am in the middle of making myself a new case for my 1 piece TW cue thats on order, i am doing a seperate section at the one end of the case to hold my chalk and mini but.
        I probably use the mini butt twice a year but have to have it !

Comment

You only use the mini butt twice a year? I use it all the time for balls just past the blue spot. Its much better than using the rest. What kind of case are you making? Wood, Leather?

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
            You only use the mini butt twice a year? I use it all the time for balls just past the blue spot. Its much better than using the rest. What kind of case are you making? Wood, Leather?
            you should have a look at cris' s cases at north wales cases - they're fantastic!

i have a fantastic one and it appears adr is sellin one too

Comment

Ahh ive seen those before its you (crispian jones) that makes them then is it, Yeh they are really nice cases. You know the only thing i wish would fit in my case is my magnetic chalk holder... i know its a pointless thing but i like it

Comment

Originally Posted by atm147iwish View Post
                you should have a look at cris' s cases at north wales cases - they're fantastic!

i have a fantastic one and it appears adr is sellin one too
                will second that! my North Wales case is a great: PRACTICAL and looks fantastic!

ps. I mange to fit in even a small TALISMAN cue towel !
                Last edited by Asi; 16 March 2009, 10:13 PM.
                Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

im making a lovely leather patchwork one! so i can scuff the edges up over the next few years, ha ha! i would recomend a aluminium case for a 1 piece, but its just one of those silly things really, must have if you like.
                  I only play pool so dont have the problem with the blue, hence twice a year for the mini butt, if you read this trevor, thats £20 a shot !!!! no womder the misses is always moaning at me.
                  I have taken the day off today so should get the case done, i will put a picture on later if i get the time.

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post

Comment

Originally Posted by tksix View Post
                    Its funny to me, being a pool player, our cases hold anything, and everything you can imagine. In America most publication do a "what's in your case" segment. If they did that for Snooker players it would be like, a cue and one piece of chalk (LOL)

How do you carry your other items to the club? Like chalk, sand paper, ball spotter, tip shaper etc.....
                    Mike
                    What else do you have in your pool case? If it is what it is said in the last line, a lot of seem unwarranted or at least 'luxuries.'

Comment

I never really took inventory.....................but off the top of my head I will give it a try:
                      6" mini butt for Peradon 1/2 joint, ACS rule book, BCA rule book, chewing gum (a must), tube to hold quarters (many regional tourneys are on coin op tables), some extra tips, 4 pieces of chalk, tip shaper, tip burnisher, towel, bridge head, sand paper, piece of leather to burnish shaft, pen, and a kitchen sink (LOL!!!)

Funny, but I think that may be it.....................Apparently pool is very accessory heavy!

Mike

Comment

may i ask why you have 4 pieces of chalk??? do you need to chalk both ends of the cue lol

Comment

Funny LOL!!! You know, there are many differences from pool to snooker. One of them being pool players leave chalk on the table, unlike snooker players. So if I am playing some where that does not have NEW chalk, I like to have my own. However, inevitably I will leave one or two pieces at a table that I was playing at.

I may take inventory this evening and take a picture of it. Now I am curious to see exactly what I have in there!!!

Mike

Comment

cue case !

here are the pictures! i got the case finnished off 10 minutes ago so it stinks of glue.
                            all i need now is my new cue! boo hoo.
                            As you can see im not in to carrying to mutch, and when i go to a comp i to tie my cue towel to the handle !
                            inside i have 1 x chalk 1 x cue and 1 x mini butt.
                            But i always alway have my gum in my pocket.
                            Last edited by crispian jones; 27 July 2010, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Very cool!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice work!

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X