pink is frustrating me! :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pink is frustrating me! :(

IVe been struggling to get anything more than 7-8 breaks, but lately ive potted pink and red, 3-4 times in a match, but nothing more, im on for another red, but i miss it.

Does anyone else have this problem? with other colours? other breaks? Maybe its fear, or nerves, i dont know, i know i can pot it, ive had higher breaks, but like i said, i cant get more than one colour potted

its frustrating!!!

Are you trying to get position after the red/colour? For the time being, forget about the positional side of things and concentrate on the pot. Eventually, the positional side will come into your game and you will be getting higher breaks.
    You are only the best on the day you win.

Comment

once i get to 14 points i miss everything, i've never got past 14 since i started playing (couple months ago) and every time i have the chance i just miss!

it's probably a mental thing, once you've done it once you'll be fine.

Comment

You probably get a little over excited and start rushing things!

When you get your first colour, take deep breath count to ten slowly, then get down and take your next shot!

You are just going through the starting period of playing snooker, so don't worry!

If you sit and watch other players who started at the same time, watch them play. They most probably have good look at thier first shot. A quick look at thier second and from then on just get down and crack on if they get that far! I seen so many players getting faster and faster as the break increases, not everybody is Ronnie or jimmy take your time! I'd rather play like
        Peter Ebdon and get my regular 100 break, than like Ronnie and keep getting 16's!
        Find your own pace and keep to it!
        Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

thanks, yeah, probably is a mental thing.

on another note, the chalk dust seems to settle on my cue, (i chalk a hell of a lot, after every shot at least ) this seems to be making the cue sticky, could this be a reason i aint potting, to to my cue action cause of the stickyness? i have a cloth and i wipe it, but its sticky again after 2-3 shots, same as my bridging hand

Comment

Originally Posted by dopeytoad View Post
            thanks, yeah, probably is a mental thing.

on another note, the chalk dust seems to settle on my cue, (i chalk a hell of a lot, after every shot at least ) this seems to be making the cue sticky, could this be a reason i aint potting, to to my cue action cause of the stickyness? i have a cloth and i wipe it, but its sticky again after 2-3 shots, same as my bridging hand
            ... some people actually put chalk on their hands for more slipperyness... the stickiness you mention sounds like sweat on varnish... if so, a little soap and hot water on a cloth... quick rubdown and thorough dry and buff may help... if you're shooting like crap... then go wash your hands and dry thoroughly... try again!

...you may want to also try some different cues and see if the same thing happens mate...

Cheers!

=o)

Noel

Comment

IVe been struggling to get anything more than 7-8 breaks, but lately ive potted pink and red, 3-4 times in a match, but nothing more, im on for another red, but i miss it.

Does anyone else have this problem? with other colours? other breaks? Maybe its fear, or nerves, i dont know, i know i can pot it, ive had higher breaks, but like i said, i cant get more than one colour potted

its frustrating!!!

Replace the pink ball with a yellow and see what happens
              只讓我們相戀 這一季的秋天, 飄落後才發現 這幸福的碎片。要我怎麼撿。

Comment

Originally Posted by noel View Post
                ... some people actually put chalk on their hands for more slipperyness... the stickiness you mention sounds like sweat on varnish... if so, a little soap and hot water on a cloth... quick rubdown and thorough dry and buff may help... if you're shooting like crap... then go wash your hands and dry thoroughly... try again!

...you may want to also try some different cues and see if the same thing happens mate...

Cheers!

=o)

Noel
                cheers, i use one of those green scrubbers that are on the back of a sponge for wiping my cue down, that helps for a few shots.

you mention sweat on varnish, what if i removed the varnish, and coated it in bees wax or something similar? would that help any?

Comment

cheers, i use one of those green scrubbers that are on the back of a sponge for wiping my cue down, that helps for a few shots.

you mention sweat on varnish, what if i removed the varnish, and coated it in bees wax or something similar? would that help any?

Wellllllll...
                  if you're using one of those
                  green scrubbers that are on the back of a sponge
                  you're probably well on your way to removing the varnish already!

There are so many experts (which I am not) on TSF.... let me just give you a link to specific posts that I'm sure will help you dopeytoad.

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...earchid=205250

=o)

Noel

Comment

thanks noel, your a star !

Comment

I took all the varnish off my old cue after i got a new one and it plays miles better than it used to, like you i was wiping the cue and wiping my hands every shot and it was a nightmare so i got a new cue without varnish but i gave the old one to my owd fella and he had the same problems so i sanded the varnish off with some 180s paper then used some scotchbrite to finish it off then oiled with linseed then waxed with craftsman cue wax and it really is miles better,

Comment

Hi,I'm new on this forum,I just wanted to say Hello !
                        :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by imm0rtalmask View Post
                          Hi,I'm new on this forum,I just wanted to say Hello !
                          :snooker:
                          Hey mate. Introduce yourself properly in the newbies section.

It really is a mental block matey once you get past it once youll wonder what all the fuss was about. Get in plenty of practice and youll be well on your way.
                          Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                          Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Working...
                          X