Funny and strange snooker players names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny and strange snooker players names

I was looking at Luca Brecel's website and noticed he played a German player in a junior tournament called Andre Plonka! This is the funniest name I've ever heard. What strange or funny names have you heard in snooker?
    2009 & 2010 UK Championship Fantasy Game Winner
    2011 China Open Lucky Dip Winner

I may be alone on this but I find it quite immature making fun of people's names. That being said, I don't find anyone's name funny.

Sorry to be a spoil
    只讓我們相戀 這一季的秋天, 飄落後才發現 這幸福的碎片。要我怎麼撿。

Comment

Bear in mind this will be very nation secific too, the german members from this forum might not even see anything odd about the name Andre Plonka.
      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Then from an Englishmans point of view Barry Pinches always makes me laugh
        Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
        Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Gareth Potts is a great name for a pool/snooker player.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1lawyer View Post
            Gareth Potts is a great name for a pool/snooker player.
            or Max(imum) Potts
            #Age: 22 HB#: 82 #Cue: Mike Wooldridge Vintage Cue # Tip: Mike Wooldridge BlackSpin #Best performance in tournament: Semi-final in an "open to all" Swedish tournament 2015, Swedish U16 tournament champion October 2007 #Current rank in Sweden: 15

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
              Bear in mind this will be very nation secific too, the german members from this forum might not even see anything odd about the name Andre Plonka.
              true, nothing special or funny about this name. is plonka a synonym for something in english?
              ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

Its cockney for idiot, dipstick hahaha actually spelled plonker!

Originally Posted by Kathrin View Post
                true, nothing special or funny about this name. is plonka a synonym for something in english?

Comment

Yeah made famous by the classic sitcom 'only fools & horses.'
                  "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

there are worse names in german, like the f-names
                    ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

Originally Posted by PaulTheSoave View Post
                      Its cockney for idiot, dipstick hahaha actually spelled plonker!
                      Yes, it is used in the same way as other words which, like plonker, originally was a name for a part of the male anatomy.

(If you wish to know exactly which part of the anatomy, I refer you to a Scottish snooker player who entered the World Championship once, in 1998, and lost 5-1 to Colin Bingham: his name was Stevie Dick.)

Barry Bunn and Graham Goose are two snooker players spring to mind whose names I would have rather liked to have!

Comment

Originally Posted by Kathrin View Post
                        there are worse names in german, like the f-names
                        Speaking of German, there is a player in the PIOS named Jens Wiederkehr. Isn't that name a bit odd? I mean Wiederkehr means something like 'return' if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally Posted by The Statman View Post
                          (If you wish to know exactly which part of the anatomy, I refer you to a Scottish snooker player who entered the World Championship once, in 1998, and lost 5-1 to Colin Bingham: his name was Stevie Dick.)
                          Here in Canada my first snooker mentor/coach and student of George Chenier, the undefeated North American snooker champion for 22 years (beaten by Cliff Thorburn) was a Lancashire gentleman named George Mycock.

=o)

Noel

Comment

LUCKY VATNANI,

check out http://www.worldsnooker.com/news-24932.htm

he sure is lucky,once in a best of 9 match against me he fluked 4 blacks in 4 black ball frames.

p.s.:i still won 5-4,lol.
                            RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

Comment

Originally Posted by khizzy View Post
                              LUCKY VATNANI,

check out http://www.worldsnooker.com/news-24932.htm

he sure is lucky,once in a best of 9 match against me he fluked 4 blacks in 4 black ball frames.

p.s.:i still won 5-4,lol.
                              That's hilarious! Lucky! LOL

I remember the day my eldest daughter, she was 14, told me about her new boyfriend...
                              Randy?!?!?!. "I hope that's NOT his nickname!" I blurted out.

=o)

Noel

Comment

Working...
                              X