No announcement yet.

Women vs Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

artistic skating, GRS ... are other examples that come to mind.
    Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
    http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
      in snooker men can earn alot more than women maybe if they put more money in it they would improve as there's not much in it for them at the end of the day.
      For me this is the reason there arent as many female players, nothing to do with skill or ability. If women could earn the exact same amount of money I'm sure the interest would pick up from female players.
      -'Don't choke, don't choke, don't choke! aww I knew I was going to choke'-

Comment

Originally Posted by brettski View Post
        For me this is the reason there arent as many female players, nothing to do with skill or ability. If women could earn the exact same amount of money I'm sure the interest would pick up from female players.
        For the reasons already stated on the thread - i.e. that there is not a men's tour, but rather a tour open to all players - any woman competing on the tour would earn just the same as a man if she had the same level of success. So earnings potential is irrelevant as a factor contributing to any difference there may be between interest between the sexes.
        "If anybody can knock these three balls in, this man can."
        David Taylor, 11 January 1982, as Steve Davis prepared to pot the blue, in making the first 147 break on television.

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
          synchronised swimming?

How about womens volleyball they're much better than men at that
          beach vollyball they look better than men at that

Comment

On 2nd Thought...

Two true things...

1. Women will never make the best snooker players.
            2. Women will always make the best snooker players.

It's a wonderful world!

=o)

Noel

Comment

I once got introduced to the very first womens world champion Vera Selby by a friend and ended up playing her once a week down her local club. She was over 60 then but still potted a mean ball!
              http://ultimatepokertours.co.uk

Comment

The main thing is, that the girls should try to do it on the Main Tour! Even entering PIOS would be a good pick!! ...and hey! Maybe we'll see SAD on the telly! ...who knows!

It's just about practise! and the right mental strength

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                  Its hand and eye co-ordination, nothing more, nothing less.
                  Men have it naturally, some better than others, women, naturally, don't have it as good as as men.
                  Women can never compete with men at sport and games so that's why they have their own tours and championships.
                  Is it true/proven that on average men have better hand eye co-ordination than women ? If so I don't think we need to look any further for a reason.
                  "We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo

Comment

My daughter Hannah has a goal and that is to attempt to play on the Pro circuit. She is 12 at the moment but I would not stop her from trying. Things may change in the next few years boys etc but she loves playing. It is a hard enough life travelling across the country and playing in events but it is the same for the lads with thousands competing and only a select few good enough for the main tour. When she is old enough and if she has enough interest still then I shall enter her onto the PIOS. She looks up to Reanne Evans but has no other female role models who are trying to make it in a mans world at snooker at the moment.

Hannah herself, is inspiring other young girls to take up the game and this is the best that I can hope for because somewhere out there is a female who is good enough, better than Hannah even, to have a go at challenging to get onto the main tour.

She is making steady progress in the EASB junior tour and enjoys playing the lads as much as playing the ladies.

Let me be clear as well. I do not wear rose tinted glasses. Hannah may fail and if so she has achieved more in her 3 years of playing than I would have ever thought she would achieve and she has travelled more miles around the world playing snooker than I ever did. So she can always look back with fond memories of this game even if the battle was an uphill one for her and thousands of other lads but I stress that I do not know how good Hannah will become. She may stop her development soon or she may become very very good indeed. What I don't do is speculate I just let her play and see where she takes herself.
                    You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't

Comment

Let's be clear about this going for a game of snooker (or golf) is one of the few ways left open for a man to get away from women for a few hours. The only reason women are trying to make inroads into male dominated sports is because they are so clingy and needy that they hate it when men have a good time without them and always have this compunction be included in everything men do so that they can feel 'needed'. It was the same reasoning behind the banning of male only bars or 'snugs' in pubs, and had nothing to do with equality or sexism at all. If women want to play snooker (or golf) or anything else, then that's great I am happy for them, but if it is popular enough then they can have their own tour can't they. Maybe once a month they can hold a PMT tournament at their local snooker club and the winner could be the last one to burst into tears!
                      http://ultimatepokertours.co.uk

Comment

Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
                        Let's be clear about this going for a game of snooker (or golf) is one of the few ways left open for a man to get away from women for a few hours. The only reason women are trying to make inroads into male dominated sports is because they are so clingy and needy that they hate it when men have a good time without them and always have this compunction be included in everything men do so that they can feel 'needed'. It was the same reasoning behind the banning of male only bars or 'snugs' in pubs, and had nothing to do with equality or sexism at all. If women want to play snooker (or golf) or anything else, then that's great I am happy for them, but if it is popular enough then they can have their own tour can't they. Maybe once a month they can hold a PMT tournament at their local snooker club and the winner could be the last one to burst into tears!
                        lmao...
                        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                          The answer is obvious here. Snooker shots require physical movements. With men being physically superior, they can execute shots better.
                          men are physically superior? ... perhaps you meant men are physically stronger which, of course, on average they are ... but physically superior - ie better ... I think not ... I much prefer the female form

Originally Posted by wyt147 View Post
                          My daughter Hannah has a goal and that is to attempt to play on the Pro circuit. She is 12 at the moment but I would not stop her from trying.
                          well, good luck to Hannah and well done to you, wyt147, for encouraging her ... I wish you both the very best and see no reason that she can't make it ... subject to, as you said, the vagaries of the teenage years ahead which applies just as much to boys as girls I think ...

Comment

But then there are the butch ones, you know the sort, with one bushy eyebrow over both eyes, short spiky hair, deep voice, dressed in plaid shirt, dungarees and Doc Martin boots.
                            They have a need to dominate as much as men do and choose sports and games for that very same reason.

I knew a girl like that once, she had a beautiful girlfriend, a crush on teeny bopper David Cassidy and was a single mother.
                            What strange beings we are.

Comment

Originally Posted by wyt147 View Post
                              My daughter Hannah has a goal and that is to attempt to play on the Pro circuit. She is 12 at the moment but I would not stop her from trying. Things may change in the next few years boys etc but she loves playing. It is a hard enough life travelling across the country and playing in events but it is the same for the lads with thousands competing and only a select few good enough for the main tour. When she is old enough and if she has enough interest still then I shall enter her onto the PIOS. She looks up to Reanne Evans but has no other female role models who are trying to make it in a mans world at snooker at the moment.

Hannah herself, is inspiring other young girls to take up the game and this is the best that I can hope for because somewhere out there is a female who is good enough, better than Hannah even, to have a go at challenging to get onto the main tour.

She is making steady progress in the EASB junior tour and enjoys playing the lads as much as playing the ladies.

Let me be clear as well. I do not wear rose tinted glasses. Hannah may fail and if so she has achieved more in her 3 years of playing than I would have ever thought she would achieve and she has travelled more miles around the world playing snooker than I ever did. So she can always look back with fond memories of this game even if the battle was an uphill one for her and thousands of other lads but I stress that I do not know how good Hannah will become. She may stop her development soon or she may become very very good indeed. What I don't do is speculate I just let her play and see where she takes herself.
                              One thing about snooker is that you are not really playing your opponent but rather the table. Once you are in your opponent who could be ronnie-steve davis-stephen hendry all rolled into one can only sit in the chair and watch (hopefully in admiration as you are clearing up).

My point is that you don't necessarily have to be the best player to consistenly win tournaments (course it helps if you are). You just need to be good enough and able to make frame winning breaks frame after frame in enough frames to take you over the line, match after match after .....

Good luck to Hannah. I hope she achieves her goal.
                              "We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo

Comment

I once got introduced to the very first womens world champion Vera Selby by a friend and ended up playing her once a week down her local club. She was over 60 then but still potted a mean ball!
                                In the 1970s I was once invited to a Snooker pro am tournament and was drawn against Vera Selby (who was the current Womens World Champion) in the first round. I had to give her 21 start and only won on the black!! Everyone in the room (apart from me!!) were willing her to win!

Oldgit
                                'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Working...
                                X