X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK trip

Hi all,

This is Cody from Hong Kong.

I will go to London this weekend. Any snooker related place/shop is worth a visit?
    On 28th/29th Apr, I will go Sheffield to watch the quarter final of WSC. Is there any chance to take photos with the player? I mean the photos of me and the player (together).

Thanks & Regards,
    Cody

you should PM crucible77 for some tips on getting photos with players he seems too be an expert at chaseing down the pros for photos (I'm just jelous)
    New Zealands biggest snooker fan

Comment

Originally Posted by Forman View Post
      you should PM crucible77 for some tips on getting photos with players he seems too be an expert at chaseing down the pros for photos (I'm just jelous)
      Thanks Forman!
      I have browsed crucible77's website, it is amazing. He had taken photos with many players and referees. However, I do not have permission to use PM. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Cody there is a Cuezone outside on the main square where there is usually a few pro's knock around and a bar/meal place on the left as you walk out, you might catch one or two in there at lunch time or near the hospitality. A few used to hang around and are approachable and nice like Selby, White, Marco etc., and more players should, like in darts where they sit in the audience and watch each other. I think its nice to give back a little to the fans who come to watch and if I was on the WSA board I would encourage them to have go outside and have a chit chat to the fans like you who come such a long way. Also if you find Ferret (near the press room perhaps) he might help.

Good luck and enjoy yourself...

Comment

Originally Posted by 1lawyer View Post
          Hi Cody there is a Cuezone outside on the main square where there is usually a few pro's knock around and a bar/meal place on the left as you walk out, you might catch one or two in there at lunch time or near the hospitality. A few used to hang around and are approachable and nice like Selby, White, Marco etc., and more players should, like in darts where they sit in the audience and watch each other. I think its nice to give back a little to the fans who come to watch and if I was on the WSA board I would encourage them to have go outside and have a chit chat to the fans like you who come such a long way. Also if you find Ferret (near the press room perhaps) he might help.

Good luck and enjoy yourself...
          Thanks 1lawyer!
          Hope crucible77 and Ferret will see this post.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cody View Post
            Thanks Forman!
            I have browsed crucible77's website, it is amazing. He had taken photos with many players and referees. However, I do not have permission to use PM. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!
            i think you need to have made 10 posts before your allowed to use pm, youve got 5 so your halfway there
            New Zealands biggest snooker fan

Comment

NEVER FEAR CRUCI IS HEAR LOL

anyway m8, there are lots of ways. Places to wonder round:

The stage door before and after matches
              Inside the cuezone tent
              Around tudor square (the area outside the crucible)
              The Crucible foyer occasionally

Just keep wandering round, you will definetly see someone if you try. Good Luck!

Oh and dont expect to get Ronnie, it took me 3 years and im an expert
              2009 Shanghai Masters Predict the Qualifiers Champion

2008 Grand Prix Final Prediction Champion

http://ryan147.com

Comment

Originally Posted by crucible77 View Post

Oh and dont expect to get Ronnie, it took me 3 years and im an expert
                Are you serious that it took you three years to have a chance to have your pictures taken with him?
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

The stage door is a very good option to meet the players. St Pauls Hotel at the end of the street if you want to see the pundits and refs. Just keep walking about the place and you are bound to bump into a few players.

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                    Are you serious that it took you three years to have a chance to have your pictures taken with him?
                    yep, its not easy cos he dont really hang around and there is no chance at stage door
                    2009 Shanghai Masters Predict the Qualifiers Champion

2008 Grand Prix Final Prediction Champion

http://ryan147.com

Comment

Originally Posted by crucible77 View Post
                      yep, its not easy cos he dont really hang around and there is no chance at stage door
                      What about the hotel he is staying at, the restaurant he eats at, the bar he drinks at and so on? Or can you like wait for him beside his car or something like that?

I saw him in two 8 ball tournaments before in the US--actually quite a few times--but it never occured to me to have a picture taken with him. I dont think there were that many people who wanted to in the US. It was the IPT championship. He was just wandering around by himself.

BTW, nice pictures, and thanks for sharing.
                      Last edited by poolqjunkie; 21 April 2009, 06:18 PM.
                      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                      X