modifying cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modifying cue

is it possible to modify the butt of a cue to allow use of a mini butt.

my cue has an extension but sometimes i dont need it that long. is it possible to remove the rubber bung from the bottom and fit a thread to use the mini butt.

its a good question, i too have though about that, does anybody know?
    "To be walked over, you have to be lying down"

Oh and how good is Green Triangle Chalk!!!!! love the stuff!!

Comment

The RUBBER thing is usually there only in a pool cue. I have never ever seen it on a Snooker cue.
      Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

I have a riley cue that came with a rubber 'foot'. They do exist, though mostly on cheaper cues I think. On mine there was a threaded socket underneath already so all I had to do was cut the rubber off.

It will certainly be possible to drill the butt and add a socket, but you'd have to take it to a cue maker, and I have no idea how much it'd cost, sorry. It's not something I'd entertain as a DIY effort unless you happen to be a decent craftsman, and even then I don't know where you'd get the metal socket from.

Where's cueman when you need him?

Comment

Originally Posted by garyp

my cue has an extension but sometimes i dont need it that long. is it possible to remove the rubber bung from the bottom and fit a thread to use the mini butt.
          yes it is possible but i would be worried about unbalancing the cue and the weight. it might not play the same at it did before the alteration.
          old enough to know whats its all about, too old to actually do it.....

Comment

Give Mike at www.HandMadeCues.com a eMail I am sure he can do this for you no problem.

Comment

Good link that ferret, the price list actually has this as an option, he'll add a socket to your cue and throw in a mini butt for £50. Not a bad price at all for expert care.

Comment

Originally Posted by Robert602

Where's cueman when you need him?
                I'm here, just haven't been on for a while!
                Reading through I can see everyone has summed it up well. The problem with cues that have the rubber stopper fitted is it has already been drilled up the butt end. As Robert said, you usually find this on the old cheap end cues such as those made by Riley. You can still fit an end joint but it just means a bit more work for the cuesmith. Depending on the joint fitted and the diameter, it may need filling or drilling further but a good cue maker like Mike should do the job no problem.

Comment

Minibutt

Originally Posted by garyp

Of course....mail us with your requirements.
                  MaXimumbreak - Where Everyone's a Winner
                  It's now free to join!!!
                  MaXimumbreak Snooker Store

Comment

Working...
                  X