too thinner cloths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too thinner cloths

In light of all the slow-mo shots at the world championship,which shows the cue ball and object balls not rolling but bouncing around the table , surely it is right to start playing championships on a slightly thicker cloth , where balls actually roll with spin and not jump around like ping pong balls.
    There seems to be an infactuation with playing on the barest surface- why?

alledgedly it makes the game easier and means more centuries.

though when you see the balls bounce around like that it surely cant be ideal conditions
    Fantasy Game Overall Winner 09/10 - World Championship 2009 Fantasy Game Winner - Seasonlong Prediction Contest Overall Winner 09/10 - Seasonlong Prediction Contest Runner-Up 08/09 - UK Championship 2010 Prediction Contest Winner - Rileys @ Chorlton Pool Team Merit Winner 07/08, 09/10:snooker:

Comment

The high speed camera has only recently been introduced into TV coverage, no doubt for our entertainment. I very much doubt that a thicker cloth would dampen the bouncing, in fact, given that the players would have to strike the ball that bit harder the problem may well look worse when viewed in this way.

Comment

Exactly my thoughts too Moglet, also with the older balls being heavier too they would be far more likely to bounce but less likely for a kick to cause the balls to slow up as much as they do today. I think kicks have always been around, its just with the introduction of better cameras and players more aware for what to look out for we all can identify them today.

Comment

It's not the cloth, it's the bloody balls.
          It's just the same in our club with tournament champion balls kicking all the time, and our cloths have a good nap on them.

Comment

Working...
          X