No announcement yet.

your season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im abnormally obsessed by the game and thats no lie. Just had the final standings put up on our website and I won 11/19 at something like 57%. It sounds ok but there are 3 games I lost which I shouldve won but hey always next year.
    Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
    Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
      Im abnormally obsessed by the game and thats no lie. Just had the final standings put up on our website and I won 11/19 at something like 57%. It sounds ok but there are 3 games I lost which I shouldve won but hey always next year.
      Which league do you play in? I play in the Leamington & District, and run the website. What's your league website address?

I've had a shocker of a season, very inconsistent. I finished on 53% (11/21). My league season finsihes tonight when my team play in the 2nd Leg of league cup final. I am also still in two competitions being held at my club. Quarter Finals of one and semis of another.
      Cheers
      Steve

Comment

http://www.wgcsnooker.co.uk/ WEBSITE

http://www.wgcsnooker.co.uk/ TOP OF THE "POTS" im 23rd.
        Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

Comment

Nice. Check out our website - www.ldbsa.co.uk - I'm Steve Williams. I play for Priors 1st in the Premier Division.
          Cheers
          Steve

Comment

Sorry both links were the same on the left hand site look for top of the pots and go to final syandings first division.

Comment

Originally Posted by Welshsteve View Post
              Nice. Check out our website - www.ldbsa.co.uk - I'm Steve Williams. I play for Priors 1st in the Premier Division.
              Nice and I like especially the player profiles. Im just ahead of you with a 65 in matchplay and 96 in practice. Great website mate.

Comment

Yeah got that now.
                Cheers
                Steve

Comment

Steve - i notice your league is also on the www.leaguesnooker.co.uk website, as is mine.

I play in the Stafford & District Snooker, and the Billiards (for St Leonard's A).
                  Its our Leagues first foray into a Summer League this year.
                  Am really looking forward to it. Unlike the normal league its fully handicapped, and we will be playing against people we dont usually come up against, and at different venues. Rather than playing the same players every season its gonna be good to see some new faces.
                  Its also a different format to our standard league in that its 3 a side and two frames per man, rather than our usual 5 a side, 1 frame per man format.

Comment

Originally Posted by pigeonslayer View Post
                    Steve - i notice your league is also on the www.leaguesnooker.co.uk website, as is mine.

I play in the Stafford & District Snooker, and the Billiards (for St Leonard's A).
                    Its our Leagues first foray into a Summer League this year.
                    Am really looking forward to it. Unlike the normal league its fully handicapped, and we will be playing against people we dont usually come up against, and at different venues. Rather than playing the same players every season its gonna be good to see some new faces.
                    Its also a different format to our standard league in that its 3 a side and two frames per man, rather than our usual 5 a side, 1 frame per man format.
                    Hi, I'm sure the Stafford & District are one of the leagues I've had contact with in regards to getting an inter-league challenge match going. Our league used to take part in inter league competitions but there's nothing in the area now so I'm trying to ressurect it. The Telford & District league have agreed to a match against us.

Yes our league is listed on LeagueSnooker, although I won't be using it until next season. Our own website which I run has all the information required for everyone, but having our league on there gives us a wider audience so to speak.
                    Cheers
                    Steve

Comment

You got a message Steve.

we take part in the West Midlands inter town knockout each year, and some of our players also play in the West Midlands league (its a bit far away for me as i am in Stoke).

The website is pretty good, we have been on it for a few years now, and with the right administrator, its of real benefit - that said we had absolutely no web presence previous to that site, unlike yourselves.

Comment

We had no web presence at all when I took the job on just before the 2007-08 season. As I work as a web developer for a living, I thought the league would benefit from it. Our league was in a dire state, with my predecessor seriously disliked throughout the league and teams threatening to pull out. My predecessor had no relationship with local papers either and very rarely would the results and tables be in the paper. Now we have weekly reports and tables, have acquired a few sponsors and the league is well run and people are happy. Doesn't take a lot
                        Last edited by Welshsteve; 28 May 2009, 03:03 PM.
                        Cheers
                        Steve

Comment

Working...
                        X