Playing Out of Turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Out of Turn

In four-handed snooker, the sequence of play is player A-C-B-D.
    Player A has potted red but before he can play the color player C comes and plays red out of turn due to which a few other balls are also disturbed. What should be done next according to official rules ?

(i). Will it be a foul of 4 or higher given that player C played red first ?

(ii). Will all the balls be repositioned where they were before the foul, wether on the table or off the table as a result of the foul ?

(iii). Who's turn will it be ? Can Player A call on player C to play again, or will player A continue with his break or will it be player B's turn (player A's partner) ?

Originally Posted by Hyperonic View Post
    In four-handed snooker, the sequence of play is player A-C-B-D.
    Player A has potted red but before he can play the color player C comes and plays red out of turn due to which a few other balls are also disturbed. What should be done next according to official rules ?

(i). Will it be a foul of 4 or higher given that player C played red first ?

(ii). Will all the balls be repositioned where they were before the foul, wether on the table or off the table as a result of the foul ?

(iii). Who's turn will it be ? Can Player A call on player C to play again, or will player A continue with his break or will it be player B's turn (player A's partner) ?
    It will not be a foul. Only the striker can be fouled and, as C is not the striker the balls will simply be replaced (under the rule 'Balls moved by other than striker') and player A will be allowed to continue his turn.

I would imagine player C will be warned for ungentlemanly conduct as well.

Comment

Working...
    X