Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about the standards of cushion height

Hi, colleagues.
    Could you imagine the cueball is very close (touching) the cushion.
    Which part of the cue ball is OVER the cushion (how many milimeters height of the cue ball player can see over the cushion)?

Is it variable parameter and how differs cushion heights of the different tables?

I heard that 1/3 of the cueball (when it is close to the cushion) should be available. Is it correct? On my table I see not more than 1/4 of the cueball over the cushion and i don't know whether it is correct.
    The shots of-cushions are quite tough...

But if I make cushions lover (1/3 of the cue ball is available for player, easier shots of-cushion), balls starts jumping after reflecting the cushions in case of power shots. So, this is not good for sure, I know it.

Is there any international standard of the cushion height (the distance between the playing surface of the table and top of the cushion?
    Could somebody show me the link?

When the ball is against the cushion, the lowest part of the cushion face, should be just above the centre of the ball.

Comment

Originally Posted by barracuda911 View Post
      When the ball is against the cushion, the lowest part of the cushion face, should be just above the centre of the ball.
      Really? Are you sure about this? Ok, I would appreciate if you send me some link to the official standards of cushion height

Comment

Originally Posted by barracuda911 View Post
        Yes this is about right, if the cushion is Northern Rubber the top of the cushion including the cloth is set at 39mm above the bedcloth for WSA main tour events. If the ball jumps off the bed at this height the cushion cloth needs renewing, most likely worn on the nose or ingrained with too much dirt and chalk.

For a club table 40mm would not be unusual as it allows for some wear and dirt, however I don't think there is any stipulated or regulation height.

Comment

Right then, a snooker ball should be 52.5mm in diameter with a tollerance of +/- 0.05%.
          but there is no set ruling for the cushion height. I would tend to agree with the above reply from Moglet.
          Last edited by goshow; 27 May 2009, 10:42 AM.
          Live for the day you're in, tomorrow is just something that may happen

Comment

Working...
          X