Foul or not? Player assisting a referee after a miss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does say its a foul!!!

"he shall be penalised as if he were the striker, without affecting the order of play"
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
      So, it's not a foul then!
      IT IS A FOUL!!! penalised = FOUL!!!
      Janie Watkins
      On Q Promotions / South West Snooker Academy
      All views are my own and in no way represent On Q or the Academy

Comment

So it is a foul then?

Comment

Seems like I'm out-voted so looks like it's NOT a foul - or is it?

Comment

Im with Janie and Rob on this one, Penalised = foul, so yes its a foul
            New Zealands biggest snooker fan

Comment

Seems like I'm out-voted so looks like it's NOT a foul - or is it?
              If you are still not convinced then Snooker Scene have a new refereeing column in their magazine, just send them an email asking the question and see what the say in their reply next month.

Comment

Originally Posted by bongo View Post
                If you are still not convinced then Snooker Scene have a new refereeing column in their magazine, just send them an email asking the question and see what the say in their reply next month.
                So you are 100% it's a foul? I don't subscribe to Snooker Scene so that's out - but thank you for the suggestion. I just thought that there was enough knowledge in this forum to give me the CORRECT answer.

Comment

So you are 100% it's a foul? I don't subscribe to Snooker Scene so that's out - but thank you for the suggestion. I just thought that there was enough knowledge in this forum to give me the CORRECT answer.
                  Look, we have told you many times it IS A FOUL. What else can we do?

Though in amateur matches or practice matches it probably won't make much difference and the rule can be ignored unless there is a proper referee reffing your match.

THE RULES SAY IT'S STILL A FOUL
                  Last edited by bongo; 9 August 2009, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Why are you shouting at me? You're getting nasty and there's no need for it - take a chill pill bongo! I happen to disagree that it's a foul.

Comment

THE RULES SAY IT'S STILL A FOUL
                      But that's my point - it doesn't say that!

Comment

Originally Posted by crusader View Post
                        but that's my point - it doesn't say that!
                        Originally Posted by rgcirencester View Post
                        14. Foul and a miss
                        (g) when any ball is being replaced after a miss, both the offender and the next player will be consulted as to its position, after which the refereeā€™s decision shall be final.
                        (h) during such consultation, if either player should touch any ball in play, he shall be penalised as if he were the striker, without affecting the order of play. The ball touched shall be replaced by the referee, to his satisfaction, if necessary, even if it was picked up.
                        yes it does
                        TSF World Champion 2010
                        TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
                        BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

Why are you shouting at me? You're getting nasty and there's no need for it - take a chill pill bongo! I happen to disagree that it's a foul.
                          I am not shouting at you. How can you shout over the internet?! I just highlighted it in red and made it stand out so there was no confusion.

Comment

Just to make another point.

This is what the rules says about penalties:

12. Penalties
                            All fouls will incur a penalty of four points unless a higher one is indicated in paragraph (a) to (d) below.
                            So penalised=penalty=foul (four points for example)

Comment

How can you shout over the internet?!
                              By typing in CAPITALS - in computer speak it's shouting. I still don't think it's a foul!

Comment

So penalised=penalty=foul (four points for example)
                                I am not going to get involved in this one as my knowledge is not that vast with the rules but your point above penalised=penalty=foul

When writing a document no matter what it is you always use the same wording through out, for instance you would not use the word penalised then later use the word foul so if these two world have been used in the same document them they both mean differant things.

Example you would not write I went to the shops and purchased seventeen oranges and 15 bananas would you!

Comment

Working...
                                X