No announcement yet.

Foul or not? Player assisting a referee after a miss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But I've seen refs on tv make much worse mistakes. Its only by making mistakes we can learn from them. at least he didn't do it in the world final

Actually you can just imagine, deciding frame of this years WC, same situation happens, the ref gets it wrong and every member of tsf at home and in the audience is shouting at him lol
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

• For me, the main point is that I did not know the difference between "foul" and "penalty" and now I do, so I am very pleased that I have learned something new about the game. Thanks for bringing this up and to those for explaining it to us.

Knowledge is power, no one knows everything.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• My point is that a class 1 ref should have been refereeing long enough and got enough experience to know the rules.
        At least I was honest enough to say I had made an error. However, you can be rest assured that during any match I referee, such errors do not usually occur.
        Dolphin72? Would you know, if I was refereeing one of your matches, that I had made an error or not?
        I doubt the situation of the original question ever arises in social or minor league matches.
        In national and international matches, especialy in later rounds, there is usually a Marker. If such an error were to be made, the Marker would (or should) immediately bring this to the Referee's attention.
        You are only the best on the day you win.

Comment

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
          For me, the main point is that I did not know the difference between "foul" and "penalty" and now I do, so I am very pleased that I have learned something new about the game. Thanks for bringing this up and to those for explaining it to us.
          Very well said poolqjunkie. :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by dolphin72 View Post
            Dawref, your a class 1 referee? I thought you had to know the rules inside out to get to that level? What happens in a game your refereeing when an unusual incident occurs, do you tell the players to stop while you look through your rule book? How long ago did you get your class 1? Maybe you need to be re-examined!
            What a disrespectful post and unnecessary in its entirety.

As poolqjunkie says ive learnt from this thread.
            Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
            Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

• I have to agree with RocketRoy here. I am supposed to be a referee but I didn't realize there was a 'penalty' call either. I have learned something from this thread which will improve my performance as a referee.

If anyone here expects every referee to be perfect, even if it is a Class 1 referee, then they should realize that humans make mistakes and referees are human.

If they are looking for perfection then maybe they should go look in a mirror first as with an attitude like that obviously that is the only place they will ever be satisfied they have found complete perfection.

(Then they should ask their wife what she thinks so they can get a real dose of reality)

Terry
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• LOL and PFFF... to the whole thread, nothing but hairsplitting...

(I know you'll disagree, but it's hairsplitting. pointless. useless)

Comment

• I'm probably opening a can of worms here, but to a very large extent, as long as you continue to pay your annual subs to your National Association, you maintain your grade regardless of how active you are and how well you keep up to date with rule changes.

Whilst bodies like the EASB are doing their best to improve quality and monitoring there are still too many referees who are unsuitably graded. Having said that, I've seen DawRef in action, and had no complaints!

Comment

• Having said that, I've seen DawRef in action, and had no complaints!
                    Thank you.
                    You are only the best on the day you win.

Comment

Working...
                    X