Highest frame scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highest frame scores

I was browsing the papers archives and found this a old final i was involved in with partner wayne cooper back in 2001
    http://archive.thisisbradford.co.uk/...10/140587.html

took an astonishing frame 140-43.
    So my question is:

Whats your hightest frame score ever recorded for you.?

Kev

Frame Scores

My Highest Frame Score Recored With Me Is Last Year In Scottish Snooker When I Beat Anthony Nardone In The Under 14's Semi-Finals..
    128 - 22
    Scottish Snooker :snooker:
    2009 - Under 16's Home Internationalist And Part Of "The Auld Enemy Clash"

Comment

All i remember was scoring 121 points but cant remember what the other fella scored as it was many moons ago..
      "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Not sure although ive scored over 100 pts in a single frame more times than I care to remember. That score you mention is rare in professional levels.
        Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
        Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Is a frame score of 140 - 43 actually possible?

Comment

Originally Posted by bongo View Post
            Is a frame score of 140 - 43 actually possible?
            Maybe a lot of fouls were made.

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by spike View Post
              Maybe a lot of fouls were made.
              Of course! Thank you spike. Why didn't I think of that?!

Comment

The highest individual frame score I know of is Dominic Dale's 167 points. This happened in the 1999 Crucible first round, Dale received 44 points from a sequence of 11 Miss calls, and then made a 121 clearance. Bond also scored 6 points in the frame.

Comment

The referee called a miss, and Mawson made the same error a further seven times in giving away 52 points. His partner Chris Metcalfe then gave away eight points, meaning that Cooper and Firth led 60-0 without potting a ball!
                  Hahaha funny to read 60 v 0 no balls potted

Comment

Originally Posted by MasterBreak147 View Post
                    Hahaha funny to read 60 v 0 no balls potted
                    Lol a very rare occurence i would say indeed..

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

I've found a professional frame with 179 points scored in all, in the 2007 Grand Prix round robin.

Dave Harold gave away 14 Miss penalties at 4 points each but later picked up three himself from Liu Song and cleared the colours to win 101-78.

Here is the scoreboard printout:
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by The Statman; 13 August 2010, 02:53 PM.

Comment

I won 81-5 in a frame during a league match last season! I also scored 200 points in a single game...in a billiards match!

Comment

I think the record in a professional match was something like 184 points (93 - 91) in a qualifiers match involving Graham Cripsey.

Comment

Just done a little check and I was very close, Sean Storey 93 Graham Cripsey 92 in the 1992 Asian Open Qualifiers. Total 185 points.

Comment

When Wenbo beat Doherty in the World Championships in 2008 there was a frame where he got a lot of points on fouls from Doherty. I remember when he was on +80 he had to calculate if the frame was safe, and he needed two more reeds I think they could have set a new record, if Doherty had battled back.
                              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
                              X