Wiraka v Riley v Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiraka v Riley v Star

Are wiraka snooker tables pockets the tightest ones around ? Are the new star tables pockets the same as the old Riley ones ? Play a bit on the wiraka and find pockets are very small . Also seems to be unexplained "roles" even do table is level .

Wiraka has 2 grades of table, I think they are called the Mark I and the Mark III and I'm not sure which is the club and which is the better one.

I've seen a Wiraka club table taken apart because of those rolls and the reason is the frames are so light and there's no centre support for the slates so the sag in the middle. The Wiraka club table are very poorly constructed but can be improved by adding a centre beam support (or 5 jacks I guess).

Also, Wiraka makes the IBSF templates under contract and their original templates (and the pockets on their tables) were too tight and especially at the World Amateur Champs held in Thailand a few years back ALL the players complained so the IBSF asked Wiraka to make the templates a little larger and they have. I have set of their newer ones and my table is set up to be slightly larger than those templates as I still find them too tight

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
    X