Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker Scene or Cuesport ?

Hi folks

I'm planning to take out a years subscription to one of the above magazines as none of my local shops seem to sell these.

Just wondering which one you recommend.

I was subscribed to both Snooker Scene and Pot Black a number of years ago, hundreds of which are still at my parents house, gathering dust ! Must look them out.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated.
    Mon the Rocket

CueSport is more "chatty" and Snooker Scene is more serious.

I have both. Snooker Scene's match reports are far superior, possibly to any magazine of any sport!

Lots of fun-style stuff in CS, lots of political/behind the scenes stuff in SS.

Buy them both!

Comment

Cheers Statman

I don't have as much spare dosh as I used to though

I do remember Pot Black magazine being easier on the eye, lots of colour pics, posters etc, also had good page on the amatuer scene in scotland, which I was particularly interested in at the time.

Is Cuesport new name of Pot Black ?
      Mon the Rocket

Comment

Whats the pricing of them?
        You play a long slow deadweight red to a corner pocket. As it approaches the pocket, a kamikaze woodlouse crawls out from under the cushion and makes its way across the table, conflicting with the path of the red precisely at the point the red gets there. The red, needless to say, veers off course, and the future of the woodlouse is uncertain. - The Statman

Comment

Snooker Scene Subscription

CueSport Magazine Subscription

Comment

Snooker Scene is much better value for money if you are a snooker fan IMHO, as it devotes almost its entire copy to snooker (and billiards, with a little pool at the back). Also the editor is Clive Everton, the most knowledgeable head in the game, and a true gent. I would recommend a subscription to anybody who takes an interest in the game.

I phoned up to renew my subs last week and Clive answered and instantly remembered me from when we met in the press room's at Sheffield '05 and Wembley '06. He's happy to have a chat and take time to ensure you're happy with what you're getting for your money.

MW

Comment

If you have to choose between CS and SS, go for Snooker Scene. I've subscribed to both and i can say that Snooker scene if far better

Comment

There both good but i prefer Snooker Scene for the same reasons that have been mentioned in earlier posts. Anyone remember Potblack magazine from the early 90s? Good mag that was!
                Last edited by spike; 24 June 2009, 02:15 PM.
                "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
                  If you have to choose between CS and SS, go for Snooker Scene. I've subscribed to both and i can say that Snooker scene if far better
                  i used to be a pot black subscriber then it was taken over by snooker scene at roughly that point i subscribed to both SS and CS at the same time but i canceled CS about 2 years now because i got more enjoyment and better content in Snooker Scene.

Comment

I always thought Vince Laverty's 'Cue World' magazine was a good rival to Snooker Scene back in the days of the 70s/80s, thought it couldn't quite compete with Snooker Scene IMO.
                    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

I love the way spike youve casually bumped up a 3 year old thread like it was talked about only yesterday

Oh and snookerscene.
                      Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                      Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

well my inlaws got me a subscription of cuesport for crimbo only recieved two issues (printing probs i here ????)
                        so when the season starts i may have to subscribe to snooker scene which most of you thinks better
                        http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

snooker scene or cuesport

HI Snooker fans i Have both but prefere Snooker Scene cheers Leonard from Canada

Comment

I also buy both but prefer Snooker Scene.

CueSport magazine is very annoying as you never know when you will receive it.

Comment

Working...
                            X