Break building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break building

hi brothers ;;;; I'v been playing snooker almost 8 years now , I don't have a coach , I learn to play with my friends and by my self , I realy want to learn more . My haighst break is 69 ( 9 pink and 1 blue ) I did break of 50 more then 10 times , My dream is to get century ( break of 100) but now from 2 years my game is not improving .
    I can play all the important shots very good , but still sometims I'm missing very very easy shots in my game I don't now Y .
    Is ther any good practice for break building and poting ?
    plzz help let me know I want to improve my game , I know that 8 years very long time I should be plyaing much better ,,,, that's all I can do by my self.

90% of the time people miss easy shots because they take them for granted and don't concentrate. They feel it is such an easy shot they can't miss so don't concentrate and then what happens.... they miss.
    Proman don't worry I was stuck on high break of 89 and countless 50+ for at least two years before I got my 1st century. My break building practise routine is scatter 13 reds somewhere between the pink and black with no two reds touching each other or on the rails. Be sure the pink can pot to at least the 2 black pockets or side or 1 of each. And place all colors on their spots. Place the other two reds on each side of the black close to the bottom (black ball end) rail about 2-3 inches up from the rail but once again make sure the black can still pot. Now take the cueball in hand and run a century and clear the table. The idea is to play pos for 1 paticular red but there will always be alternative balls in case you don't get the pos. Do this over and over and over until centuries come easy and when you are in a game and you get "in" first it will then just seem like another practise routine. Persevere I always say "if you can run 50 you can run 100, you just have to run 50 twice"
    Good luck
    http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-...W-tazpool1.jpg

Some of my pumpkin carvings

Comment

Thank's taz147 ,,,I feel that this practise will improve my game

Thank's for your time.

Comment

My break building practise routine is scatter 13 reds somewhere between the pink and black with no two reds touching each other or on the rails. Be sure the pink can pot to at least the 2 black pockets or side or 1 of each. And place all colors on their spots. Place the other two reds on each side of the black close to the bottom (black ball end) rail about 2-3 inches up from the rail. Now take the cueball in hand and run a century and clear the table. The idea is to play pos for 1 paticular red but there will always be alternative balls in case you don't get the pos. Do this over and over and over until centuries come easy and when you are in a game and you get "in" first it will then just seem like another practise routine. Persevere I always say "if you can run 50 you can run 100, you just have to run 50 twice"
        Take a look at the pic. Something like this
        Attached Files
        http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-...W-tazpool1.jpg

Some of my pumpkin carvings

Comment

good post taz

a favourite is line ups, but i also think that taking the colours off the table and putting the cue ball on the blue spot with the 15 reds surrounding it in a circle of perhaps 2 foot in radius, and then potting the reds in any order, without moving the cue ball.

do this, and gradually move the reds closer to the white once youre good at the above. its obviously harder when the reds are close to the cue ball, and so further from the pockets, and when you get within a foot of the white, your cueing becomes hampered....

also, if youre good enough to clear up doing normal line ups, try them without letting the cueball touch a cushion....

Comment

Here a link to some stuff a coach I know has but on the web

http://www.bbc.co.uk/lancashire/spor...rowlings.shtml

I think that you could maybe look at your pre shot routine too. If you go through the same process for every shot it might help your concentration and stop you missing easy shots!

Comment

Working...
            X