help for new guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help for new guy

just wanting help choosing cue tip and chalk,what is the best ?asked the local guys at the club but no real help,also some tips that are for sale apear to be 11mm do these take mutch to shape them.
    cheers

Hi and welcome to the forum . If you click on the forum tab click on accesories there are two guides on replacing tips , both are excellent abd easy to follow . Even with these guides you will only learn with experience the more you put on the better you become . As for the size of tip you need this wiil depend on the size of the ferrule on your cue , if your cue is 10mm then a 10mm elkmaster tip will be fine .

As for chalk Green triangle seems to be the most popular . Bopth tips and chalk are available on ebay from http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ADR147-Snoo...-pool-Supplies , adr147 is a member on this forum and is also one of the members who brings you the tip guide .
    Last edited by hotpot; 18 January 2010, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the forum mate.

Depending on your budget will depend on the cue quality - how much you wanting to spend?

Most people use 9mm or 10mm, if you are a beginner most people will say use 10mm.
      Dark side of the moon

Comment

Watch Mike Wooldridge tipping video on his site. If you fit a larger tip than your ferrule just cut it down. The advantage being it will be flush with the ferrule. Personally I just stick a 10mm on my cue and its centered enough for me
        Most common tip size is 9.5mm, as you will find on most cheap cues around.
        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

links please

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
          Hi and welcome to the forum . If you click on the forum tab click on accesories there are two guides on replacing tips , both are excellent abd easy to follow . Even with these guides you will only learn with experience the more you put on the better you become . As for the size of tip you need this wiil depend on the size of the ferrule on your cue , if your cue is 10mm then a 10mm elkmaster tip will be fine .

As for chalk Green triangle seems to be the most popular . Bopth tips and chalk are available on ebay from http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ADR147-Snoo...-pool-Supplies , adr147 is a member on this forum and is also one of the members who brings you the tip guide .
          hi links for shop did not work could you resend (thanks for the help)

Comment

Originally Posted by pop57 View Post
            hi links for shop did not work could you resend (thanks for the help)
            Try this

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/ADR147...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Comment

thanks

that got me there thanks for that

Comment

Working...
              X