Interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by spike View Post
    Save you looking i've just found my copy.

This is all i could find in that month's Snooker Scene:

He pulled up to 7-7, dropped the next frame but levelled at 8-8 after an extraordinary incident when, in a fit of exasperation, he whacked the cue-ball with his cue as it was going into a pocket and inadvertently disturbed the green and blue as well. Referee Jim Thorpe replaced the balls as near as possible to their original position but Taylor missed a simple green from hand and went on to lose the frame.

The incident did nothing to improve the overall quality of play as, with the nerves of both players rubbed raw, the match reached 9-9.
    Nothing looked less likely than that the match would be decided in one visit but Fagan, keeping the cue-ball in perfect position until he had passed the half-century, produced the highest break of the match a 78, to earn his place in the second round..
    Looking at this situation its obviously Taylors fault
    He had simple green with ball in hand and missed it
    here are the results
    Taylor, David v. Fagan
    59-46, 66-33, 87-48, 41-69, 57-49, 22-74, 59-45, 71-57, 33-65: 6–3
    66-38, 13-60, 51-67, 12-99, 33-67, 67-39, 44-57, 52-59, 69-32, 0-80: 9–10
    Highest breaks: Taylor 54, Fagan 78
    2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
    2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

That bloke was fairly immature to do that and for him to say he wasn't conceding must have been a joke... if I was the referee I would have thought to myself he's quit.

The thing about this is referees always have the upper hand and what some person might agree on the decision others don't. Up to the referee I guess...
      Dark side of the moon

Comment

Working...
      X