Buying a cue(Dunns cue)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a cue(Dunns cue)

I would like to ask about this cue http://www.dunns-cues.com/snooker%20...20offers1.html .
    I want to know in general ,if the cue is suitable for a beginner. Well I'm 20 years old from Poland and I haven't played very regular. I'm interested in snooker for years, but unfortunately there where no possibility for me to play in my youth. That's why when I have started playing let's say twice a week I know...( poor ) I got annoyed with that club cues, which are not very good even for an amateur. I need to put that info to set what my purposes are
    I want to play in very amateurs tournaments in my city perhaps in country someday That is why to start a regular training I want to buy that cue, because it is quite cheap (unfortunately I have other expenses) and it looks fine for me. If compares to cues in my courtyard(especially there prices) this set looks great. It has butt and case included(visual side is also better).On the other hand, I'm conscious that higher price means higher quality, but as I said I don't have huge tasks on my way at the moment.

Please give me a piece of advice. :snooker:

Hello. I have looked at these Dunns cues before. If you search this forum you'l find that people have somethimes been unhappy with their cue that they have purchased from this place. I think the cue look nice enough and are definatley good value but there are better cues out there. If you look through this forum you'l find people getting good cue advice everyday. You should find all of the info here you need to make your decision.
    Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element

Comment

ummm save up a touch more, and go for sumthing reliable. mastercraft for example. or u cld probly pick up a MYX or sum chinese ebay cue, thats same level, for a bit cheaper than that.

Comment

Originally Posted by knox View Post
        ummm save up a touch more, and go for sumthing reliable. mastercraft for example. or u cld probly pick up a MYX or sum chinese ebay cue, thats same level, for a bit cheaper than that.
        Hmm theres the old saying. You get what you pay for. Chinese ebay cues sell for around 30 quid, mastercraft for around 120. I think the reliability is the thing, if you think of how long a cue can last you seems sensible to me to save up that little extra
        Personally i would save up a bit more and get a cue from say mastercraft, or find something second hand that looks good on ebay
        Last edited by RGCirencester; 22 January 2010, 03:26 PM.
        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
          Hmm theres the old saying. You get what you pay for. Chinese ebay cues sell for around 30 quid, mastercraft for around 120. I think the reliability is the thing, if you think of how long a cue can last you seems sensible to me to save up that little extra
          Personally i would save up a bit more and get a cue from say mastercraft, or find something second hand that looks good on ebay
          thats so true, and hence, if ur gonna buy a cue of this quality, the chinese myx cue might be a cheaper option. i know, cause ive bought over6 in 2to 3 years, and theyre all straight. works good for me!

Comment

Thankf for your help. Well, I must look something better I suppose. I'm looking for a possible best cue in price range about 100 . So...it's time to start searching :>

Comment

Working...
            X