What if you pot 2 colours at once

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if you pot 2 colours at once

Yesterday i was playing with my mate and i potted a red one after i potted the red one I made my ball-on the pink, it was quite a long ball and while the white was running over the table he hit the brown ( it was out of spot) and I potted the brown and the pink ( but the pink first)

my question is, is this a foul or not ?

by the way it was quiet a amazing shot, because the brown was in the cushion so it white ball hitted the brown very straight.

gr Janjaap

Yes its a foul shot - 6 points away - good shot tho

Comment

The only time you can legally pot two colours is if only colours remain, and you have a free ball. Provided the cue ball first strikes the nominated ball, you can go on to pot both the nominated ball and ball on... but you'd only score for one of them! The nominated ball would be spotted but the ball that was on, remains off the table.

For example...

Only colours left, you have been awarded a free ball so you nominate blue. The cue ball first strikes the blue, you pot it, but then cue ball goes on tho hit the yellow and pockets that too. You'd score just two points. The blue would be spotted, but yellow would remain off the table.

10. Snookered After a Foul
      After a foul, if the cue-ball is snookered, the referee shall state FREE BALL (see Section 2, Rule 16).

(a) If the player next in turn elects to play the next stroke,
      (i) he may nominate any ball as the ball on, and
      (ii) any Nominated ball shall be regarded as, and acquire the value of, the ball on except that, if potted, is shall then be spotted.

(b) It is a foul if the cue-ball should
      (i) fail to hit the Nominated ball first, or first simultaneously with the ball on, or
      (ii) be snookered on all Reds, or the ball on, by the free ball thus nominated, except when the Pink and Black are the only object balls remaining on the table.

(c) If the free ball is potted, it is spotted and the value of the ball on is scored.

(d) If a ball on is potted, after the cue-ball struck the Nominated ball first, or simultaneously with a ball on, the ball on is scored and remains off the table.

(e) If both the Nominated ball and a ball on are potted, only the ball on is scored unless it was a Red, when each ball potted is scored. The free ball is then spotted and the ball on remains off the table.

(f) If the offender is asked to play again, the free ball call becomes void.
      Last edited by Souwester; 20 March 2010, 02:16 PM.

Comment

hmm... interesting, i would hv tot both balls should be re-spotted, well, i know better now... thx souwester
        When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

hmm... interesting, i would hv tot both balls should be re-spotted,
          If there are reds left on the table, then both balls ARE re-spotted. The example Souwester gave, was for the FREE BALL situation and only when colours remain (no reds). Hope this helps.
          You are only the best on the day you win.

Comment

Originally Posted by DawRef View Post
            If there are reds left on the table, then both balls ARE re-spotted. The example Souwester gave, was for the FREE BALL situation and only when colours remain (no reds). Hope this helps.
            i think you need to explain(which balls are re-spotted),how can both balls be potted & re spotted if reds are on the table(which balls are re spotted) surely once a red enters a pocket it remains off the table,obviously i am not talking about a ball falling into a pocket once a player has deemed to be at the table and the red drops in the pocket.where would you re-spot a red?

Comment

I think what DawRef was referring to was when two *colours* are pocketed in the same stroke, whilst there are reds still left on the table.

For example, after potting a red, you're on a colour, and nominate, say, blue, which goes in the pocket. Alas, the cue ball goes on to hit the black which also enters a pocket. This would be a foul, seven point penalty. In this case both blue and black would b spotted, and the non-offending player would have the normal options after a foul.

Reds are *never* brought back up onto the table, except in two unusual circumstances:

1. A 'vibration' shot; or
              2. After a 'foul and a miss' has been called involving a red entering a pocket, and, of course, the non-offender asking for the balls to be replaced.

Comment

thx dawref, i get u... that colour ball has to be re-spotted if there are reds remaining, else we'll be missing a colour.... wouldn't we... lol
                When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Working...
                X