Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifted Cue for 1st time after 15 years

Hello all,

I have recently discovered snooker again and this is my first post on this forum...

15 years ago when i was about 12 or so my next door neighbour and I played snooker at a local Arcade Hall ..There was a single snooker table ... I was instantly hooked. We then started playing in a proper snooker club and I began to get more and more into it ... I remember after school going straight to the club with my 2 piece cue my parents got me for xmas ... it was a piece of plywood but i loved it ... lol ... i was there till 10 pm helping to lock up

I played almost every day for about 2 years ... then as most young boys do around the age of 14 i discovered other distractions ,mainly girls, cigarettes alcohol and peer pressure etc etc.

I never lifted a cue again until about 2 months ago ... don't get me wrong i've played the odd game of pool here and there ... and a few frames on a really bad snooker table at a football club ...

However I'm big timed hooked again now ... I bought a wee BCE cue here a few weeks ago and have noticed a hell of a difference lately ... I'm making consistent 50 breaks in the line up (72 my highest) ... considering i have only really been playing this last month i'm pretty pleased howvere i know i can make a century in the line up with no problem just a bit more practice needed.

I'm seeking advice really ... I don't really know anyone at the club ..and none of my mates are into snooker ... I have been practicing on my own mostly with the odd match against people here and there ...

Where do i go from here ... Playing alone is becoming very costly and I know more match practice will improve my concentration and be better in the long run ...

any advice at all would be appreciated ...

just wanna say... wow, u are good... i've been playing every other week for years and my highest break is 50plus... might hit a lucky 20 on a very good day... perhaps u can join a local league to get more experience?
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Is there no league's at your club you could get involved in? Alternatively post the club you play at on this Forum and maybe another Forum member who likewise fancies a game will get in touch. Lots of good snooker players in Northern Ireland.

Comment

Working...
      X