Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little question.

hi everyone
    I started recently palying snooker and but there is some points that i don't understand.

-when both players are equal and they both play the black ball.
    we assume that Player 1 pockets the black ball but at the same time the white ball: should we put the black on the position D and repeat the stroke or the player 2 win ?

-at the first of the game, we have to pockets the red balls but if we pocket colored balls at the same time ,it is considered a foul? and if it is ,how many point the player loose ?

thx in advance for every answer

-when both players are equal and they both play the black ball.
    we assume that Player 1 pockets the black ball but at the same time the white ball: should we put the black on the position D and repeat the stroke or the player 2 win ?
    with scores even in this case, the first foul ends the game so Player 1 loses

-at the first of the game, we have to pockets the red balls but if we pocket colored balls at the same time ,it is considered a foul? and if it is ,how many point the player loose ?
    it's a foul, 4 points unless the potted colour is blue (5 point foul), pink (6) or black (7).

i'm sure someone will be along shortly to correct me if i'm wrong

Comment

i'm not sure they will

Comment

thx for your quic anwer QC2 you helped me a lot !
        i hope too that someone can confirm what you sad ^^

Comment

When only black is left on the table, potting it or the first foul will end the frame, unless, as a result of the pot or foul the scores are then level. If that is the case then the black is spotted, the cue ball is played from in hand, and the players toss to decide which has choice as to whether to play first.

If you're playing a red and a colour also happens to go in, as has already been said, it's a penalty of four points if the yellow, green or brown are poketed, five for blue, six for pink and seven for black.

Comment

The explanations are correct.

I'm assuming English is not your first language, however you can get a copy of the official rules (in English) from the IBSF website.

It sounds to me you might be mixing the rules of pool with the rules of snooker and you should take the opportunity to study the correct snooker rules because they can get complicated but it is to a player's advantage to know the rules well

Terry
            (certified referee)
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Souwester View Post
              unless, as a result of the pot or foul the scores are then level
              can you give me an example pease ?

@Terry Davidson : yes i'm originally a pool player ,but i think that i already learned the most part of the rules .i will maybe take a look to the official rules ,thx for the advice ^^

Comment

[QUOTE=pcmaster24;478193]can you give me an example pease ?/QUOTE]

Ok... Only black left on the table. Player A is on 50. Player B is on 57.

Scenario 1: Player A pots the black, so scores are now level at 57-57, so the black ball is respotted, the players toss, to see who has the choice as to whether to play the cue ball from in hand, or put his opponent in.

Scenario 2: Player B fouls on his shot on the black... thereby making the scores level at 57-57, so the black ball is respotted, etc...

Comment

it's perfectly clear
                  thank you to all the world for your help and your answers so fast

Comment

There is also the AGGREGATE SCORE SCENARIO.

If the match (i.e. more than one frame) is an aggregate scores (i.e. the player or team with most points at the end of the match wins), then if the scores are level at the end of the FRAME, there is no re-spotted black.

If at the end of the FINAL FRAME, regardless of that frame score, the AGGREGATE scores are level, the black is re-spotted and the two players who played the last frame, toss a coin to see who breaks. The next pot or foul on the black then ends the frame and match.
                    You are only the best on the day you win.

Comment

i didn't thinked about that
                      i guess i'm still far from understading complitly the game ^^
                      thx for your help dawRef

Comment

Working...
                      X