different games on snooker table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• different games on snooker table

don't know if this has been discussed b4,apologies if it has,how many different games have you played on a full size snooker table.My list is as follows; billiards, snooker, snooker plus, mystery, cricket, golf, 101, pool, table bowls.(sex is not counted)

Billiards, snooker, Russian Pool, 61, golf, partner golf, skittles, shellout.
    :snooker:

Comment

Add 'follow' in you pay so much a point to the player that follows you who cleans up your leavings

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Bowls on a snooke table! Do you have to play off 1 cushion?

What is 61 and 101? Russian Pool?

Comment

Anyone else play Killer Pool?

Russ

Comment

Blind pool and skittles but few games are better than golf if you get four guys who know what they are doing.

Comment

in fact, there is no snooker table. snooker is just one of the different games on an english billiards table...

Comment

jb134:

I agree with you, golf
                is a good game, as long as all the players are like minded. We also played with five players. The fifth player used a spot white and darker red. In fact, we usually played more golf than snooker, and I used to make quite a few quid playing it.
                Was not a good idea to play with blokes that were really matey, as they always made sure that you did not win, especially if you were a better player than them. We had three blokes that would cut you up - lol

Comment

Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
                  in fact, there is no snooker table. snooker is just one of the different games on an english billiards table...
                  Oh thank-you Krypton! I was hoping someone else would make this correction. References to "snooker tables" always irritate me; as do people who put apostrophies in the wrong place. Maybe we should have a grumpy old men thread.

Comment

surely it became a (billiards or snooker table) once the colour positions were added

Comment

Adding spots is not a design change. You mark the position of skittles when playing that game, but that does not make it a skittle table.

No doubt as more people grow up without ever having seen any other game played on a 12 foot table it will increasingly become known as a "snooker table." Not many of us traditionalist still holding out against the inevitable, but I occasionally feel duty bound to give some credit to the master game.

Comment

Originally Posted by 100-uper View Post
                        Oh thank-you Krypton! I was hoping someone else would make this correction. References to "snooker tables" always irritate me; as do people who put apostrophies in the wrong place. Maybe we should have a grumpy old men thread.

Youre' absolutely right!

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
                          jb134:

I agree with you, golf
                          is a good game, as long as all the players are like minded. We also played with five players. The fifth player used a spot white and darker red. In fact, we usually played more golf than snooker, and I used to make quite a few quid playing it.
                          Was not a good idea to play with blokes that were really matey, as they always made sure that you did not win, especially if you were a better player than them. We had three blokes that would cut you up - lol

Agreed, great game. In the quite common situation of three against one we used to play a lot of doubles. The game was won by finishing bag six or by extracting three fouls from the opposition.

A horrible nasty devious game and the three pals don't stay pals for long.

Comment

I'm not saying it isn't first and foremost a billiards table(obviously that is what it is) only that when playing snooker we are borrowing it for the purpose of snooker.I for one am thankful for the invention of the billiards table,my apologies for calling it a snooker table.

Comment

Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
                              Onya Krypton - something that Billiards players have always known

Comment

Working...
                              X