Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Will Be The Next Play To Make 200 Centuries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Will Be The Next Play To Make 200 Centuries?

I've always liked looking at the leading century makers list, especially of late as there have been numerous new additions to the list. Ever since I've followed snooker seriously, no one has cracked the 200 club. Ever since I've been following snooker, 6 players have joined the 100 100s.

So who do you think will be the next player to join the 200 club?

Anthony Hamilton is on 195 century breaks and the closest to the mark. He has made four centuries this season, but with a possible lack of interest and better competition, who knows if or when he can make it. Similar story applies to Matthew Stevens who sits on 183 century breaks. One of the faster players to make 100 100s, he has slipped away too.

Marco Fu hasn't had the best of seasons and he sits on 187 century breaks. Even though this season he hasn't been at his best, he always seems to make century breaks when he loses matches. Take for example last seasons WC, he only won 17 frames, but made 4 centuries.

Ding, Maguire and Murphy are all grouped closely together - 162, 158 and 157. Even though they are a significant distance way from Fu, tournaments like the Premier League would be advantageous in there strives towards the 200 club. In addition, with form considered, these 3 for the time being are more likely to go deeper into tournaments that the other 3 mentioned.

Personally, I would have to go Fu.
    Anthony Hamilton
    8.54%
    Matthew Stevens
    2.44%
    Marco Fu
    18.29%
    Ding Jun Hui
    48.78%
    Stephen Maguire
    6.10%
    Shaun Murphy
    15.85%

Also, please note that the figures wre taken from the 30th of March.

Comment

Hamilton or Fu
      TSF World Champion 2010
      TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
      BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

Very interesting this one
        Hamilton is very near but doesnt make them often, Fu is a bit away but makes them more often. Junhui makes most but is so far away
        So its between those three
        2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
        2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

I voted for Marco Fu. I think he´ll be close at the end of next season, but Hamilton is outside top 32, which might give him lots of chances next year, if he wins his matches. I think Selby will get there at the same time as Ding and before Murphy and Maguire.
          ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
          "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

And a funny thread.
            ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
            "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

robertson. he's firing up the list like a rocket
              Crucible77's Bahrain Championship Fantasy Game Winner 2008 :snooker:

HB practice: 112
              HB match: 81

Comment

Fu for me, being in the PL will help too.
                sigpic
                http://prosnookerblog.com/

Comment

It has to be Fu. He seems to make centuries in every match he plays these days, even when he loses. Stevens is behind him as it is, and his season is already over. Hamilton is very close, but he has also run out of events until next season. But Fu is still involved in two tournaments, and there is even an outside chance he could do it by the end of the season. He could at least get very close and catch up with Hamilton, which would make him the favourite out of the two for next season.

Ding was making centuries with relentless speed before his drop of form two seasons ago... If he continues where he left off, he could catch up with Fu soon, but he's to far behind to do it before Fu reaches 200, in my opinion.

Comment

Out of those, Fu seems likelly. Is making centuries, and is still in this months tournaments, and as Matt noted PL can only help.

Where are Selby & Robberston, even lower on the list? Selby is generally a century-man, and Robbo sorted something out and generally became a kind of mature player as of late, those 2 seem to me as the next in line, at least by the speed in which they should be increasing their centuries.

Murphy has lost the plot latelly; Maguire is not special but when you think of it pretty stable this season, so he will have another century here and there. Ding, if he won't be crashing out in R1 from the tournaments, could be next contender for 200 after Fu.
                    Co-winner of Spike’s 2009 UK Championship number of centuries prediction contest.

RIP Noel. RIP.

Comment

My vote goes to Ding Junhui. :snooker:
                      2010 China Open number of centuries prediction contest winner!
                      2010 China Open Final prediction contest winner!
                      2011 Welsh Open fantasy game winner!

Comment

Originally Posted by ore View Post
                        Where are Selby & Robberston, even lower on the list? Selby is generally a century-man, and Robbo sorted something out and generally became a kind of mature player as of late, those 2 seem to me as the next in line, at least by the speed in which they should be increasing their centuries.
                        Selby and Robertson are in the mid 130s. Robertson thus far is the seasons leading century maker. As you said, both are making centuries far more regularly. I wouldn't go as far and say that these two will contend for next to make 200, but if they have a good run in the remaining two tournaments, they could make the 150 mark and be rather close to where Ding, Maguire and Murphy are at the moment.

Comment

Ding's just made 2 in the 3 frames he has won. I think he could be a smoky to get the double ton.

Comment

My vote also goes to Ding Junhui

Comment

So Ding made up quite some distance in China.
                              If he's in PL together with Fu next year, Ding is favorite now.
                              Co-winner of Spike’s 2009 UK Championship number of centuries prediction contest.

RIP Noel. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                              X