enough room to re-spot the colour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enough room to re-spot the colour?

Hi does anyone know where i can get a marker/guide to see if a colour can be re-spotted without touching another ball.
    Thanks

The EASB sell one type of ball marker: http://www.englishsnooker.com/marketing.php

The shorter edge is exactly one-half a ball width, so if pushed towards a nearby ball, you can see whether the opposite side is clear of the centre of the spot (and hence if the ball will spot).

There are also the crescent-shaped markers with a little arrow in the middle. Many referees prefer this type for checking whether balls spot. Not sure where you can get one though.

Comment

Originally Posted by Souwester View Post
      The EASB sell one type of ball marker: http://www.englishsnooker.com/marketing.php

The shorter edge is exactly one-half a ball width, so if pushed towards a nearby ball, you can see whether the opposite side is clear of the centre of the spot (and hence if the ball will spot).

There are also the crescent-shaped markers with a little arrow in the middle. Many referees prefer this type for checking whether balls spot. Not sure where you can get one though.
      Thanks for that, unfortunately I cant get on the site.
      I'll try again tommorow.

can someone suggest somewher else?

Comment

The EASB online shop is down for a while, but apparently expected to be up and running again in the near future. The site does allow you to download a form which can be submitted by post, or scanned and emailed.

Comment

Originally Posted by finabb View Post
          Thanks for that, unfortunately I cant get on the site.
          I'll try again tommorow.

can someone suggest somewher else?
          Try..
          http://www.snookerstuff.com/accessories.html#11A
          "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
          - Linus Pauling

Comment

I bought one from 'bandwbilliards.co.uk' for about 5quid or so (can't remember) but it has the 1/2-ball option and the cut-out used for cleaning and replacing a ball. Clear plastic

Terry
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
              I bought one from 'bandwbilliards.co.uk' for about 5quid or so (can't remember) but it has the 1/2-ball option and the cut-out used for cleaning and replacing a ball. Clear plastic

Terry
              thanks have now bought one

Comment

I got mine from EASB (the blue one), the black semi circle type as used by Jan Verhaas from JJB sports (I think), and the clear plastic type (used by Michaela Tabb) on ebay.
                I also have the stainless steel type as used by Eirian Williams, but that is not for sale on the general market.
                You are only the best on the day you win.

Comment

Working...
                X