Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riley Snooker cue...need advice

Hello there,

I have decided to purchase a Riley Burwat Platinum snooker cue.
    Not fixed as yet which one exactly I'll be picking in this range, as there are quite a few good options.

I just wanted to know if anyone has ever used a cue from this range? Or from the Burwat Gold range?

Platinum range is the next level from the Gold range.
    Can someone tell me is there too much difference between the two ranges or the Gold is as good as the Platinum range?

Lastly, there are a couple of cues in the Burwat Platinum range which have a pearlised finish.
    What exactly does this mean? Is it like a varnish coating or lamination?
    Is it wise to purchase one which has a pearlised finish?
    Can you please post pictures of it if you own one. It would be very helpful.

Please help me in clarifying my doubts.
    I'm very grateful

Aditya Nilangekar :snooker:

Hey no one out there can shed any light on this..... ?

Come on people, anything you know will be helpful

Comment

Hi Aditya,

I went for the Riley RBP-1 Burwat Platinum Snooker Cue a couple of years back now and it's a lovely cue, cant really comment or compare to the gold range and ive never seen or used one to be honest however I'd recommend the RBP-1 anyday.

Hope this helps
      Scotty

Comment

Hey Scotty

Thank you so much for your help.
        I'm much more at ease now at buying the cue

But 1 more question..
        I heard the Riley cues these days are sub standard? Any opinions on that?
        What do you think?
        I was suggested to go for a Master or O'min instead of a Riley..

Comment

Each to their own i say to that mate, i was lucky enough to try it out before i purchased, it played lovely and still does so I was more than happy to go ahead and purchase. If you feel comfortable playing with a master or Omin over anything because someone recommended it to you then fair enough if not give then cues your interested in a try and make your mind up after that..?

Comment

Ya so true mate. Totally personal opinions. But I just wanted some clarification so asked you.

Thanks a lot for your advice.
            Definitely helped me in making up my mind
            Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X