Retaking a shot after a foul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retaking a shot after a foul

Hi I was wondering if some one needed snookers & managed to get 1, if the other person missed could the person who got the snooker & still needs more, can they ask them to replace the balls & retake, until the correct ball has been hit

You cant call a miss on a player when his opponent requires a snooker mucka .

Comment

It's actually when EITHER player requires a snooker either before the shot or as a result of the shot (before or after)

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

The exception to the Rule is if the referee considers that no attempt was made at all to hit the ball on. In this case a Miss will be called regardless of the difference in scores.
        Some days I'm the statue.
        Some days I'm the pigeon.
        Today is a statue kind of day.

Comment

And of course the other exception is in Section 3 rule 14(c):

(c) After a miss has been called under paragraph (b) above when there was a clear path in a straight line from the cue-ball to a ball that was on or that could have been on, such that central, full-ball, contact was available (in the case of Reds, this to be taken as a full diameter of any Red that is not obstructed by a colour), then:
          (i) a further failure to first hit a ball on in making a stroke from the same position shall be called as a FOUL AND A MISS regardless of the difference in scores, and
          (ii) if asked to play again from the original position, the offender shall be warned by the referee that a third failure will result in the frame being awarded to his opponent.

... ie F&M will be called once the first miss has been called IF there is central full ball contact available.

Comment

Working...
          X