Listening to music while practicing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listening to music while practicing

Does anyone think that this is a bad idea?

It'll help me focus and pump me up, but the only concern is when playing in a tournament you can listen to anything and that might throw your game off.

Does anyone else have any experience with this?

I've read somewhere that Stephen Hendry practices with his iPod on earphones and I tried it as it removes one of your senses so you concentrate more (supposedly) however I still heard the balls making contact and I didn't want to turn up the iPod to where I'm blasting my eardrums!

My wife tell me I'm deaf anyway so I don't want to make it worse. I do play my music low when I practice sometimes, when I remember it and it doesn't seem to throw me off. When Chicago's 'I'm a Man' (long version) comes on I think I actually play better

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Same for me when Eminem's 'lose yourself' comes on I feel like I could pot anything

Comment

Originally Posted by wayync View Post
        Same for me when Eminem's 'lose yourself' comes on I feel like I could pot anything
        lol , eminem trakcs do seem to have that effect

Comment

I listen to music when practising... Mainly to drown out the loudmouths on the next table!

It has to be 'Simply the Best' & 'Eye of the Tiger' for me!
          :snooker:

Comment

Not sure that i could,Does it not distract you at all listening to music ?
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

It's OK once you get used to it... But I do find it difficult when listening to Football commentary!
              :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by GER147 View Post
                It's OK once you get used to it... But I do find it difficult when listening to Football commentary!
                Good one , especially if you are like me and it's a Saturday and your bet is down by about 3.30pm when your banker is getting beaten 3 - 0 at home .

Ahh ....only 2 weeks to go and i can start giving my hard earned cash to the bookies again
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Hi I find it help's me concentrate.

Comment

Working...
                  X