Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement cue buffer/bumper???

Hi Everybody,

I have an old BCE cue manufactured in the 1980's that has lost its rubber buffer from the butt. I seem to be having real difficulty in finding a replacement. Are they for sale anywhere? If anybody has any ideas, I would be very grateful..........

Thanks!

A while ago I managed to find a company in Australia which sold them. My wee brother lives in Sydney so I was able to get him to order me up a couple and post them out to me. I'll see if I can find the company website and post it here. The postal charges may be too much for you tho.

Comment

Here's a link.
      http://www.abcsports.com.au/index.ph...1&keyword=a105

I bought a couple of the ones in the top left of the picture. At $1.95 they're not expensive but the P&P was quite a lot I seem to remember. My brother paid the P&P so I owe him a few beers.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
        Here's a link.
        http://www.abcsports.com.au/index.ph...1&keyword=a105

I bought a couple of the ones in the top left of the picture. At $1.95 they're not expensive but the P&P was quite a lot I seem to remember. My brother paid the P&P so I owe him a few beers.
        That's great, Bigmeek. I looked all over for those and could only find the big, Pool cue styled screw in buffers. Thank you for the link - it's very much appreciated. I have very recently taken up snooker again after a lengthy time away from the game and am using the same cue as I used back then - hence my need for a few bits and pieces. I haven't picked up a cue since the late 1990's so it's been fun playing again, so much so that I wonder why I ever stopped! I was only ever of the local league standard - and only just good enough for that - but if I could get 3/4 of my old game back then I will be happy.

Thanks again for the link!

Comment

theraggedtiger Hello mate, good luck with the comeback. Rather than add a rubber protector have you considered adding an SD joint and getting a screw in extension? I bought myself a new cue this year with 6" mini-butt and 20" extension. Don't know how I ever managed without them. There's lots of cue makers/repairers would do the work for you. Don't think it would add much weight to the butt end or noticably affect the balance.

Comment

Working...
          X