Acuerate Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acuerate Cues

Can anybody tell me if Acuerate is still in business. I have tried their website without any response. I have tried to purchase a cue but site won't let me.
    I have tried several times over the last few days.
    Anybody with any info. ???

Originally Posted by philthoms View Post
    Can anybody tell me if Acuerate is still in business. I have tried their website without any response. I have tried to purchase a cue but site won't let me.
    I have tried several times over the last few days.
    Anybody with any info. ???
    I just tried www.acuerate.com and it seems to be working.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

For your information, a cue trader in Hong Kong said the production is out sourced to a cue factory in China. That's what I heard 2 years ago.

Comment

philt:

I have a used Acuerate in excellent shape with 2 extensions and a case (but not the crappy green/white Accurate case). It is 18.3oz, 57", 9.5mm brass ferrule, ash/ebony with the Acuerate 12 point splices (green, Maple, ebony), but diameter is 29mm and balance at 17".

I used the cue for one year and it is straight as a die but I moved on to a 1-piece cue and the Acuerate is a 3/4-jointed cue with the air-lock joint.

My price with case and extensions is 300pounds + shipping if you're interested, PM me

Terry
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

What's your feeling/opinion on the Accuerate Terry?

I've seen Yannick Poulain (French #1) play with it several times but I have to admit that the hyper-flexibility of the last part of the shaft was a bit scary...lol Never tried it though.
          Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

erwan:

The Acuerate I have is custom ordered (and originally cost over $900(CAN) or about 500pounds. I used it for about a year and found it to be a very solid hitting cue with little deflection when using siding.

I do suspect the cues are made in China as they have the 'air-lock' joint like O'Min and a lot of the Chinese cues.

For sure this cue is not whippy at all and I had no problems with long potting at all with it. I only switched as I felt I was getting a better 'feel' for the shots with a 1-piece cue although I find it very inconvenient because here in Canada we have to carry our own X-head rests since the clubs all have those crappy American-type rests like the half-butts so my 1-piece case is not big enough and also I have to lower a seat in the car to get it in there. Flying is a problem too because of the length and having to carry it through the airport and into a taxi at my destination.

Terry
            Terry Davidson

Comment

You cannot tell where the cues are from by looking at the joints really. Any joint can bereproduced, it's not a complicated procedure.

I don't mean that a Chinese made cue must be crappy, in fact all the shaft wood are imported. Good cuemakers make good cues, regardless their origins.

Comment

Been having same trouble cant contact www.acuerate.com all emails keep bouncing back does any1 no what is happening

Comment

Acuerate cue is a Belgium company. Lots of good players such as Luca Brecel are playing with an Acuerate cue.
                  Good price Terry is offering here.
                  Good luck with the sales.
                  www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Has anyone tried acuerate cue with ultra low deflection? 8.75 tip seems a bit small to me?
                    You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
                    BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

First of all, I made a mistake on the price I quoted. I'll sell it for 250pounds + shipping to anywhere.

Also, mine is the low-deflection shaft that Acuerate developed with the US cuemaker (can't remember the name)

If anyone is interested, email me at - terrydavidson45 (at) gmail (dot) com - and I can send pics (my Acuerate butt is exactly the same one as Hendry had but I have an ash shaft)

Terry
                      Terry Davidson

Comment

Working...
                      X