Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A general snooker question, which tip to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A general snooker question, which tip to use?

Hi,
    I have very recently decided to take up snooker seriously. Before this I use to play snooker at parlours & just for fun.

Now that I have my own cue I want to put a great tip on it too. It has a hard O'min tip on it, as it's an O'min cue.

Somehow I'm not enjoying the feel & hit I'm getting with this tip.
    Being a newbie I am quite unsure what to do next. Definitely want to replace the current tip in the near future.

What should I go for?
    How are Blue Diamond, Elkmaster, Le Pro, Talisman tips? Which one would you suggest?
    Or are there other ones which are great too?
    My snooker cue tip size is about 9.7mm

I know choosing a tip is a personal choice, but getting a few expert opinions from you all never hurt nobody, isn't it

Please help me as quickly as possible. I do want to change the tip soon.
    Thank you.

If you use the "search" button - you will find lots of comments about different tips - for example http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...highlight=tips

lots and lots of reading to be done

Comment

Sorry for adding one more thread with a similar topic..

But needed some urgent help

Comment

Just did some searching as suggested..
        There are many threads with reviews of different tips.
        I want some information/help/guidance on which tip I should use.

Being a new comer, I haven't tried various tips that are available in the market.
        Also I stay in India & don't have access to the accessories(tips) which are easily available in the UK or else where. So want to choose carefully, as shipping the tips from there to India is costing me loads, as much as the tips in most cases.

Need guidance.
        Just reading reviews won't do me much good as I've never tried anything other than O'min tips.

Sorry for the double post.

Comment

all depends on what you want from a tip....

do you want feel, a consistent tip, one that shapes well, one that will last as long as possible? do you prefer a hard or soft tip? laminated or pressed?

one of the better and not too expensive a tip is the GBL pro granite (pressed tip) (£7.50 for 5) look for the thread on them and have a read of it.... if you like what you read try a pot from ADR147

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
            all depends on what you want from a tip....

do you want feel, a consistent tip, one that shapes well, one that will last as long as possible? do you prefer a hard or soft tip? laminated or pressed?
            Ya reading that thread right now.

I am currently using a hard tip, so want to try a softer one now.
            Between laminated & pressed, I'm not too aware of the differences & the pros & cons.
            I definitely want a tip whch has a nice feel.

Comment

ive tried lots over 40 years and my current favourite is the M Wooldridge laminated...it just feels right

Comment

trial and error.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

As ADR147 says, it is trial and error. What suits a lot of people may not suit you.

Buy several different tips from ADR147 and see which you prefer. If you like the first one you try, can the sell the others to some of your mates to try.
                  :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
                    As ADR147 says, it is trial and error. What suits a lot of people may not suit you.

Buy several different tips from ADR147 and see which you prefer. If you like the first one you try, can the sell the others to some of your mates to try.
                    :snooker:
                    Ya good advice.
                    Thanks a lot!

I'll try a few different tips. Will go for the Buffalo Diamond Tips to start..
                    Good choice?

A question for ADR147..
                    I had contacted you on eBay reagrding shipping of these tips, had messaged you about 2 days back.
                    Waiting for your reply.
                    Messaged you under the eBay name ' parekhbeejal '.

Comment

don't recall that - i reply to most e-mail within a couple of hours.

Comment

I have resent you an email on eBay.

Thankyou.

Comment

Originally Posted by adityan27 View Post
                          I have resent you an email on eBay.

Thankyou.
                          well you must be doing something wrong because i don't have it - email me direct adr147@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                          X