foul or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foul or not

The cue ball went inoff,as usual the referee place the cue ball at the cushion,the on player then uses his hand and pick up the cue ball to place inside the "D" then he uses his cue to adjust to his desire position,,,Is This A Foul? by using the cue to adjust your cue ball position after u have uses your hand to place inside the "D">>>>>/////?????????

No it is not a foul.

Section 2

9. In-hand
    (a) The cue-ball is in-hand
    (i) before the start of each frame,
    (ii) when it has entered a pocket, or
    (iii) when it has been forced off the table.

(b) It remains in-hand until
    (i) it is played fairly from in-hand, or
    (ii) a foul is committed whilst the ball is on the table

(c) The striker is said to be in-hand when the cue-ball is in-hand as above.

Section 3

5. Playing from In-hand

To play from in-hand, the cue-ball must be struck from a position on or
    within the lines of the "D", but it may be played in any direction.

(a) The referee will state, if asked, whether the cue-ball is properly placed (that is, not outside the lines of the "D").

(b) If the tip of the cue should touch the cue-ball while positioning it, and the referee is satisfied that the striker was not attempting to play a stroke, then the cue-ball is not in play.

Comment

Thanks for the post Souwester, its interesting to know this as I was having a little conversation/argument with someone at our club over this and Im glad to know i was right! he took 4 points from me, tried to play a safe shot from where the cue ball was, messed it up and let me in for a then frame winning 37!

happy days.
      what a frustrating, yet addictive game this is....

Comment

Working...
      X