Is this a foul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a foul?

Your hairs/hair on your forearm touches a ball whilst your cueing but it so light a touch the ball doesn't move, foul or no foul?

FOUL!!!!!!!! But who is going to notice but yourself so you must be pretty honest

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Foul.

Albeit a hair on your forearm, you have 'touched' the ball. Same would apply if you were walking round the table, deciding your next stroke, and your waistcoat or shirt touched a ball. It is still a 'foul'.
      You are only the best on the day you win.

Comment

So those with long forearm hairs are very disadvantaged when playing shots that need bridging over other balls!?!
        John Lim

Targets to beat: -line up 63, 78 (Nov 2012)- -practice match 67 (Nov 2012)- -competition 33 (Oct 2011)-

Comment

Best to keep them covered up!

Comment

Is this why you don't see a gorrilla playing snooker????
            Highest Break
            Practice: 136 (2005)
            Match: 134 (2006)
            In 2011: 94
            Centuries made: 50+

Comment

I once fouled a guy who had long curly hair (i.e. on top of his head!) because his hair touched the black which was just behind his right shoulder.

Immediately after I called it, he turned to me and said "Was it my hair?" with a knwoing look that I would say yes. He nodded and turned away from the table and as he did so I wondered why he'd not had a haircut or tied it back. It had obviously happened before!

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                FOUL!!!!!!!! But who is going to notice but yourself so you must be pretty honest

Terry
                who would call a foul against themselves for this or let it go?

Comment

Snooker has always been a game of integrity and honesty (by and large) and players do (and should) call fouls against themselves if they believe they have infringed the rules.

Comment

Yep lots of examples of potential fouls here from the world ladies WC!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=1c37431233 See Photo 90.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&ref=fbx_album

You'd have thought they would have known.

Comment

Did not know that one..

I always thought that the ball has to move for it to be called a foul...
                      Whoever called snooker 'chess with balls' was rude, but right

Comment

Originally Posted by dantuck_7 View Post
                        Yep lots of examples of potential fouls here from the world ladies WC!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=1c37431233 See Photo 90.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&ref=fbx_album

You'd have thought they would have known.
                        her hair is no where near the balls........ but i would still call a foul on here though...
                        "What for ref"? she would say
                        "It's a very complicated foul, let me explain it over a couple of beers" says me.

Comment

Hello There,

I think you should try to hookup with one of the professional lady players on link at bottom of this thread, they are not bad looking. Ha Ha I think I have been there, no female pros here in Canada and most are not great looking. Cheers I liked this post.
                          I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Working...
                          X