bridging on cushions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bridging on cushions

hi im just wandering what is the best bridge to play when your hand is on the cusions i know i lot of players including pros that put the cue down on the cusion and put there hand on top of the cue between index finger and second finger, ive tried this but i dont feel comfort able because of the cue gets thicker is you push through ie fingers grabbing the cue on the way through so i play it the usual way the same as having hand on table??

just wandering if other people have a take on this or does it just take some getting used to? many thanks peeps
    by the way this is my first post lol!:snooker:
    2 off a ton

Welcome to TSF mate
    I hate cueing off the cushion and do almost anything to avoid it, ie if the hand can somehow fit on the table i'll do it lol
    You shouldn't loop your finger over the cue so tight that the cue grips as it slides thro, practice it untill you get the feel for the right amount

Comment

hi rickster,

welcome to TSF - in my personal opinion, im a fairly decent cueist when it comes to being tucked on the baulk cushion, i practice these all the time at the club, playing safeties and also long pots using various strengths..

its all about what you feel comfortable with, i never play 100% strength from the cushion becasue you cant controlt he cue...and always keep to max about 60% strength, i tend to find if im dropping a ball in the pocket i put rest the cue in the table and touch it up to my index finger with my second finger tight to my index for extra support. my thumb usually hangs under the cue and sort of touches the side of the table for grip. If im playing a more firm shot, i put the cue on the table once again and then i put my index finger over the top of the cue, not firm but just to stop it waggling around when im cueing...it takes a bit of getting used to when sighting..

the onyl other way to do it is put your hand on the rail and the cue on the bridge of your hand but then you will find that your jacking the but of the cue up a bit, and the smallest amount of side with throw the cueball and you end up missing ridiculously easy pots and that can be frustrating...haha

im sure an expert like Terry will be able to help you more but thats just my personal opinion..hope it helps
      what a frustrating, yet addictive game this is....

Comment

god that was quick replys lol
        yeah im same i put my hand on the table even if its tooching the cush with my elbow in the air lol,its just that when i put my fingers over the cue it does cover the view of the cue up so you cant see the full straightness of the cue so sighting the pot is harder? every shot i take is full arm extended out.
        another thing i was wandering is that every shot i take my grip on the cue is in the same place on the cue for every shot but ive seen some players ajust there grip to be shorter for some shots is that right?
        2 off a ton

Comment

You might find this useful:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTrLZz72Svk
          "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
          - Linus Pauling

Comment

cheers mate thats very handy to watch im going to stick with my original way as neil says theres no difference its what u feel comfortable with
            2 off a ton

Comment

Working...
            X