Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing or watching - which do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing or watching - which do you prefer?

So as the title simply suggests, which of you that both play and watch Snooker on tv enjoy more??

For me it is and has always been watching Snooker on the box..
    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Yeah its nice to watch the experts, but you cant beat trying to emulate them yourself

Comment

Well................

If I'm playing well I'd rather do that than watch Ebdon v Dott

However...............

If I'm playing badly I'd rather watch Ronnie play well

In fact............

If I was playing well I'd probably still prefer to watch Ronnie play well (then go off to have a game afterwards)
      Highest Break
      Practice: 136 (2005)
      Match: 134 (2006)
      In 2011: 94
      Centuries made: 50+

Comment

Definetley playing but watching is also great.

Comment

That's a toughy...

I've always loved watching snooker, ever since pot black started all those years ago. But, when it comes to playing, I'm simply rubbish, mostly due to dodgey peeppers. But I'm not a bad pool player, and I find that watching snooker really inspires my game, I always play better pool while there's a televised tournament going on.

But, if I really had to choose between my snooker telly or my pool table, then the telly would have to go.
          (But could I please keep all my old snooker DVDs?)

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Thinsy, theres a lot of things i'd rather do than watch Ebdon vs Dott.....repeatedly stabbing myself in the eyes with a blunt needle was the first one that sprang to mind

Would have to say I prefer playing the game to watching snooker even when i'm playing as badly as I am at the moment!

Comment

Originally Posted by saddler79 View Post
              Thinsy, theres a lot of things i'd rather do than watch Ebdon vs Dott.....repeatedly stabbing myself in the eyes with a blunt needle was the first one that sprang to mind
              Yeah yeah, but I bet you'd give your right testicle to play as well as either of them for just one week a year, wouldn't you? I know I would.

-
              Last edited by PatBlock; 19 October 2010, 04:51 PM.
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

I love playing snooker as much as I love watching pro's on the telly. I used to play 6-8 hours a day a few years ago. I'd record the interesting matches or I'd watch it in the club during practice. Nowadays I don't play that much but I don't miss any tournament on TV.
                2010 China Open number of centuries prediction contest winner!
                2010 China Open Final prediction contest winner!
                2011 Welsh Open fantasy game winner!

Comment

Originally Posted by levon View Post
                  Nowadays I don't play that much but I don't miss any tournament on TV.
                  Same here, i use to practise 5 times a week at around 4 to 5 hours at a time. Though for me i watch as much Snooker as possible on tv, which for me personally makes up for not playing to the extent that i once use to..
                  "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

playing... though i like to get myself pumped up by first watching some snooker videos only to fail miserably trying reproduce what i saw...
                    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

enjoy playing and watching
                      There is, I believe, a time limit for playing a shot. But I think it's true to say that nobody knows what that limit is

Ted Lowe

Comment

Working...
                      X