clover grip!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clover grip!!

Has anyone out there heard of the fine art method DVD; a new way of coaching snooker? Please comment, all opinions appreciated!

I've seen the website but it didn't have any details of how or where you could buy the DVD.

Comment

geordie:

I believe this is the guy who tried to sell his 'new' method to both Clive Everton and Terry Griffiths and when he was turned down he responded by making some very negative comments on them both.

This method was generally thought to be a non-starter by anyone who has had the chance to see it, but that's not many people as he has been keeping it very close to his chest except to say we should see a world champion using his method soon (I think he meant amateur, not pro).

He also slags everyone off as ripping off the estate of Joe Davis by teaching his methods, ignoring the fact Joe published his methods years ago and the copyright has long run out.

His website doesn't give anything away nor does it tell you how to actually buy his training methods, so I don't know if it's a scam or not. As I am one of those guilty people who teaches a lot of the Joe Davis methods I am probably not able to buy his method DVD, but I would love to have a look at them as I'm always open to new ideas.

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

What is the 'clover grip' by the way?

Terry
        Terry Davidson

Comment

Some explanation here but it's very vague:

http://www.snooker-fineart.com/theglovergrip.htm
          Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
          My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

I am also curioes to know how to buy the DVD and why put up a website if you dont want to sell it?

Comment

The fine art method DVD.

Thanks a lot for all your comments. Much appreciated! PS, still none the wiser. Can anyone please let the forum know if you have seen the fine art method DVD and your opinion of it. Thanks snooker fans!!

Comment

Ah, it's the Glover grip, not Clover grip. I think that may be Danny Glover who I believe is an advocate of this system but I have never seen him play.

No idea how to go about seeing the DVDs on this coaching system and no idea what they cost. I haven't heard anyone talk about this for over a year on it, however there is a string on here somewhere as I remember seeing some (mostly negative) comments on it

Terry
                Terry Davidson

Comment

the glover grip!!

Yes Terry spot on as usual. It's the Glover grip!not the clover grip as stated on his web site!PS looking on his web site it seems the DVD is £100 for 60mins of Ian Glover coaching the Fine Art Method!! including the glover grip!!

Comment

Hmmm....I wonder what you get for the 100quid. 60 minutes doesn't seem like a lot but let me know if you purchase it as I would be very interested in what you think of the method and perhaps some idea of how this method would differ from the standard Joe Davis method (with some modifications) that we all use.

Terry
                    Terry Davidson

Comment

The question is how you purchase it
                      I cant seem to find any link to purchase it

Comment

Working...
                      X