No announcement yet.

I need a coach...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi luke, I think you should get some coaching, I had just one two hour session with del and I can say without any doute that my game has improved. As your still young you still have plenty of time to rebuild your game. I see lots of post from players on this forum trying to set out what the requirement for success in this game are. sadly i feel that these are their own personal experiances and what their really saying is I couldn't make it so I don't think you can. Every one is different and want different things from the game. What I would say is if you believe in your self keep trying and ignor the knockers.
    I think mark selby is a prime example of what a coach can do for your game, just like to point out that he received coaching from del hill, read into this what you want. Del has coached at least four WC maybe Five.

Comment

yep i would say go for it you have nothing to lose. at the end of the day it shoudn't matter what people say, you should go with what you feel might improve your game but i think its good for people to give their opinion. after all thats what we are on here for. good luck.

Comment

Originally Posted by tornado taylor View Post
        yep i would say go for it you have nothing to lose. at the end of the day it shoudn't matter what people say, you should go with what you feel might improve your game but i think its good for people to give their opinion. after all thats what we are on here for. good luck.
        Hi taylor my last post wasn't aim at you.

Comment

lol okay cool. i was thinking it was. you have a good weekend mate.

Comment

magicman you say you are in crawley are you still available to coach?

Comment

I am available, but I'm no longer a member of any 'local' club. The nearest decent snooker hall I'm a member of is in Brighton. Are you local to Crawley? If you belong to a Crawley club then we can meet there as this would be far more convenient for both of us.

What's your current standard hjb_1990? How long have you been playing? Your highest break etc?
              I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Coaching.

Originally Posted by hjb_1990 View Post
                magicman you say you are in crawley are you still available to coach?
                Your posting was directed to me. I have no idea who Magicman is. Check out my website franksandellcuesport.co.uk which will give some idea of my experience which runs to coaching over 2000 enthusiasts in my coaching schools at all levels of the games of billiards and snooker. To contact me email from the site or pm me on facebook and I will pass on my phone number so we can discuss things. I am situated in Worthing West Sussex.:snooker::snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by franksandellsnooker View Post
                  Your posting was directed to me. I have no idea who Magicman is. Check out my website franksandellcuesport.co.uk which will give some idea of my experience which runs to coaching over 2000 enthusiasts in my coaching schools at all levels of the games of billiards and snooker. To contact me email from the site or pm me on facebook and I will pass on my phone number so we can discuss things. I am situated in Worthing West Sussex.:snooker::snooker:
                  He Frank - how are you?
                  I'll never forget the great day I had when you coached me all those zillions of years ago. It was a wonderful day and a marvellous insight into the sport as well as the failings of my cue action!!
                  Janie Watkins
                  On Q Promotions / South West Snooker Academy
                  All views are my own and in no way represent On Q or the Academy

Comment

A few years ago a load of us had a session with Stephen Rowlings (was on pro tour last season), who has worked with Ian McCulloch and Andrew Higginson. He made a few slight changes to my technique and it made such a difference, and this was just in 15-20 minutes. I went from struggling to make 30 breaks, to making larger breaks all the time. I'd never hit a 50 before that night nd I've hit loads now.

I'd love to have a proper session with Nic (was going to book him) or Del, who I've met a few times. If I could afford it, it's definitely somethign I would do.
                    Cheers
                    Steve

Comment

Happy Xmas.

Originally Posted by JanieWatkins View Post
                      He Frank - how are you?
                      I'll never forget the great day I had when you coached me all those zillions of years ago. It was a wonderful day and a marvellous insight into the sport as well as the failings of my cue action!!
                      My dear Janie. How nice to hear from you. You and you're invalauble efforts in snooker have never left my thoughts, and if only you'd do a bit for billiards at the Academy I'd even come and see you Keep in touch and have a great Xmas and 2011.:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by franksandellsnooker View Post
                        My dear Janie. How nice to hear from you. You and you're invalauble efforts in snooker have never left my thoughts, and if only you'd do a bit for billiards at the Academy I'd even come and see you Keep in touch and have a great Xmas and 2011.:snooker:
                        Hi Frank - There's nothing to stop us doing billiards at the Academy. As you know I'm a HUGE fan of billiards.

We are open to suggestions of Billiards activities or events at the Academy.

The local Gloucester League still has billiards too which is encouraging.

And I'm sitting with two nice new shiny sets of billiards balls right beside me here!

...and Fereet - there's enough snow outside without it sending me cross-eyed on my pc!!
                        Janie Watkins
                        On Q Promotions / South West Snooker Academy
                        All views are my own and in no way represent On Q or the Academy

Comment

magicman have you got an email to discuss possible coaching as i cant seem to send you a private message on this forum (why?) i am moving Haywards Heath soon and looking to play at the united services club there which hold events towards the mid-sussex snooker leauge

http://www.midsussexsnooker.co.uk/

im not going to lie i am not a mega experienced player but player at burgess hill trick shots a fair bit but nothing competative. Really need to refine my que action and general all over play if i want to ever think about competing.

Comment

magicman have you got an email to discuss possible coaching as i cant seem to send you a private message on this forum (why?) i am moving Haywards Heath soon and looking to play at the united services club there which hold events towards the mid-sussex snooker leauge

http://www.midsussexsnooker.co.uk/

im not going to lie i am not a mega experienced player but player at burgess hill trick shots a fair bit but nothing competative. Really need to refine my que action and general all over play if i want to ever think about competing.
                            I am not Magicman b ut your post is directed to my Email. franksandellsnooker@ntlworld.com.The Mid Sussex League champions at both billiards and snooker have been coached by me I have done coaching nights for them and my company fits the tables at USCC. Check out with your league Chaiman Roy Tucknott if you like. I can definatly help you.:snooker: you. :snooker:

Comment

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your reply but worthing is a bit far from me...

Comment

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your reply but worthing is a bit far from me...
                                Thanks for the reply hjb. Worthing is about half hour by car from Haywards Heath. Happy Xmas. You will find some good advice and practise partners at USCC.

Comment

Working...
                                X