Picking the cue ball up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking the cue ball up!

Is there any time in a frame that the cue ball can be picked up and moved apart from the in-off or ball off table?
    And please no reference to the game of pool

picking up cue ball.

Originally Posted by finabb View Post
    Is there any time in a frame that the cue ball can be picked up and moved apart from the in-off or ball off table?
    And please no reference to the game of pool
    presumably you forgot about cleaning the cue ball.

Comment

After a 'foul and a miss' has been called under section 3 rule 14, and the non-offender asks for the balls to be returned to their original position.

Or possibly under Section 3 rule 9 'Ball on Edge of Pocket':
      9. Ball on Edge of Pocket
      (a) If a ball falls into a pocket without being hit by another ball, and being no part of any stroke in progress, it shall be replaced and any points scored shall count.

(b) If it would have been hit by any ball involved in a stroke:
      (i) with no infringement of these Rules, all balls will be replaced and the same stroke played again, or a different stroke may be played at his discretion, by the same striker.
      (ii) if a foul is committed, the striker incurs the penalty prescribed, all balls will be replaced and the next player has the usual options after a foul.

(c) If a ball balances momentarily on the edge of a pocket and then falls in, it shall count as in the pocket and not be replaced.

Comment

cue ball

Originally Posted by flame View Post
        presumably you forgot about cleaning the cue ball.
        sorry didn't read it properly(about it being moved)

Comment

Maybe I should also add that before the September 1995 rules revision, there was the 'angled ball' rule whereby after a foul if the cue ball came to rest in the jaws of a pocket and the curved part of the pocket cushion prevented a straight line contact with all object balls, then the non-offender had the option of the cue ball being played from in hand.

Comment

In the game of billiards, after any foul the non-offender has the option of having the balls spotted: red on 'the spot' (black spot), opponent's white on the centre spot (blue spot) and playing from in-hand.

Comment

Originally Posted by Souwester View Post
              Maybe I should also add that before the September 1995 rules revision, there was the 'angled ball' rule whereby after a foul if the cue ball came to rest in the jaws of a pocket and the curved part of the pocket cushion prevented a straight line contact with all object balls, then the non-offender had the option of the cue ball being played from in hand.
              This is the answer I couldn't remember, well done and thanks. I take it that this is not a rule any more?

Comment

No, the blue rule book of September 1995 did not include the 'angled ball' rule. A lot of older players still seem to think it exists though!

Comment

Working...
                X