First time on a 12 ft table .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time on a 12 ft table .

Hi guys just a bit of fun any one remember the first time they played on a 12 foot table and what was your highest break on that day my break was 22 the first time on a 12 ft .

Originally Posted by mick 142 View Post
    Hi guys just a bit of fun any one remember the first time they played on a 12 foot table and what was your highest break on that day my break was 22 the first time on a 12 ft .
    I was 12 when my uncle took me to the snooker club for the first time..the tables were huge in comparison to my 6ft table at home...anyway i dont think i made 2 ball in a row that day but i do remember clearing the coulors the next time he took me...
    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

fifteen I think. Knew from then I loved the game :snooker: :snooker:

Comment

Had a 6ft table at home, when my dad said he'd take me to the local snooker hall to try the big tables i was about 9 years old.

We had a local corner shop that sold anything & everything if they hadn't got it they'd get it for you, it was much like Arkwrights shop for those that remember it.

Anyway hanging in the window of the shop was a 2 piece cue with a chunky plastic ferrule for sale at £1.90 so i bought it ready for the big day.

Thought i was everybody when i got it & used it for the first time, i potted the odd ball and loved every minute of it, its a special feeling the first time you go in to a snooker hall playing the " big tables " & i've been hooked ever since.
        Last edited by CueAntW147; 4 December 2010, 12:54 AM.

Comment

I didn't start playing until I was 13 (on a 6ft table in the spare room). I'd been racing motorbikes from the age of 9 and at 13 managed to break my knee-cap!!! I raced for another year but my mum was always terrified of what might happen, so I was deprived off bikes... So my new hobby consisted of going to the snooker centre on a Sunday, we would arrive at 10am and play until 1pm, have lunch, play until 5pm, have dinner, play until 10pm!!

I remember buying a cue for about £1.50 for my 6ft table and knock in 40's and 50's so decided that was the cue to play with on the big table too... Wrong!!!! I remember the vibration running through my body every time I hit the cue ball :snooker:
          Despite this I managed to pot the pink and black for a high break of 13. A few weeks later was either Christmas or my birthday (can't remember now!) and a new cue was bought.
          Highest Break
          Practice: 136 (2005)
          Match: 134 (2006)
          In 2011: 94
          Centuries made: 50+

Comment

I never had a 6ft table and I started playing cue sports by 8 ball pool. It got boring after an year or so when I had become good enough to clear a table easily and I was among the top two players among our team of friends (about 10 guys).

One of my techniques while playing pool was to snook my opponent if there was no way of potting my object ball (and it annoyed the hell out of them), I had never watched any (and still don't) 8 ball pool on TV so I can't say whether it is frowned upon in pool (such was the opinion of my opponents though) and so I took up snooker since pool was no longer challenging and it seemed like the next logical step.

So the first time I played snooker was on an actual 12 ft table, and if I remember my first break awarded 4 points to my opponent.

And if you count that out, than it was only 1

Comment

Working...
            X