Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conceding frames

I am watching Hendy v Williams
    Williams just moved the black with his hand to concede a frame which i think is out of order Hendry may of wanted to carry on for feel of table or if not it should still be his choice as its his turn to visit.

Would it be a good idea to introduce a white flag system of some sort, as in all players would have something as such to indicate they have no intension of finishing frame in play, situated near their seat .

Originally Posted by pooliebell View Post
    I am watching Hendy v Williams
    Williams just moved the black with his hand to concede a frame which i think is out of order Hendry may of wanted to carry on for feel of table or if not it should still be his choice as its his turn to visit.

Would it be a good idea to introduce a white flag system of some sort, as in all players would have something as such to indicate they have no intension of finishing frame in play, situated near their seat .
    Maybe, but you shouldn't really have to legislate for good manners.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Spot on Patblock, if all of the players showed basic common courtesy there would be no need to implement any rule changes. Williams should have known better.

Comment

Gamesmanship?

In the Williams-Hendry match, Williams was on the last few colours to win the match and Hendry took his cue apart.

Would Williams been in order to walk to Hendry and shake his hand, taking it that Hendry had conceeded the frame and match.

I took Hendry taking his cue apart as gamesmanship to put pressure on Williams.

What do the forum members think of Hendry's actions?

Sneaky Pete.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sneaky-Pete View Post
          I took Hendry taking his cue apart as gamesmanship to put pressure on Williams.
          What do the forum members think of Hendry's actions?
          I think he was simply frustrated, there was no intention of gamesmanship. To me he just doesn't seem like the type of guy who would do those things on purpose...

Comment

Undoing your cue is an age old trick to undermine your opponent and Hendry knew exactly what he was doing. Sneaky-Pete is absolutely right when he said Williams should have gone over and shook his hand. Mark was equally in the wrong when conceding by moving a ball - after all they're not playing a session against each other in the local club!
            I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Originally Posted by ace man View Post
              I think he was simply frustrated, there was no intention of gamesmanship. To me he just doesn't seem like the type of guy who would do those things on purpose...
              I agree, him taking his cue apart was resignation that Williams would finish him off there and then, we and he knew he would re-assemble it in the event of him missing, which he did.

Comment

I'm a Hendry fan, but I'm not blind.

Both were displays of poor etiquette and showed disrespect to the opponent.

Comment

They're best friends, I'm pretty sure they know each other well enough not to take offence.

Comment

I am also a Big Fan of Both Players.....But Hendry was Right Out of Order doing that.

As already said that is the Oldest Trick in the Book!!

Comment

Look at it this way, Hendry needs all the Ranking points he can get.

Looked sick as a pig when putting his cue away after Williams had won, no smiles then!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X