Technique Question's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technique Question's

i can cet screw back but how do i get proper deep screw back like the pro's we see on tv?

Not many members on here who can do that so your in good company.
    There are many coaches on the forum and they will help you. But I think you will need some one to one coaching for this and it's not just a matter of spin it will no doubt involve you stance, cue action, grip and more.

Comment

i done it a couple of times but i aint got a clue as to how i did, fluke i guess, but i can swerve the cue ball down the table,

Comment

much easier to do it on the TV tables than those in your average club.

It is all in the timing, there are one or two videos of people who have done it on club tables but I'm suspect about the weight of the cueball in some of those.

I can get a bit of screwback, possible a two feet on a really good day from longish distance, say 9 foot away but you have got to time the white so well, oh and hope the table is playing well, warm, not damp etc.

Comment

There are a few past threads about deep screw, you can try to find it by using the search button. I think cueing must be absolutely straight/in line and no minor movement from your body or head. Then a long backswing and the finishing with the cue tip follow through the table cloth all the way(that's why we seen so many pro rub off the chalk stain from the table after a deep screw shot.)
          I might be wrong.. :snooker:

Cheers

Comment

An excellent video here on the various reasons why ppl cannot play screw, or deep screw:
            http://www.youtube.com/user/FargoBil...10/ZqqakiKbhHI
            "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
            - Linus Pauling

Comment

You have to remember, just like in golf where the pros get to play in almost perfect conditions whereas us rabble get to play out of divots, greens not manicured etc, the pro snooker players are on a #10 cloth.

If you really want to test yourself out, go to Terry Griffiths club where he has 2 match tables outside in the club with the Hainsworth super fine and give it a go. I think you will be amazed at how close you can come to what the pros do if you are able to get decent deep screw on a club cloth.

Also, when the 6811 match cloth is brand new it will play close to what the #10 or Hainsworth super fine does.

I know, as I practiced for a week in Llanelli at Terry's club on all 3 match tables and you have to change your positional power quite a bit

Terry
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Agree with terry here. The tables have just been re done at my club and its ridiculous the amount of screw i'm getting and they aint tournament grade cloths.

Comment

Working...
                X