Is this end of frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this end of frame?

It was black ball finish, the scores were tied. I missed the black completely and fouled leaving me 7 behind and needing to pot the black again to equal the scores for a respot.

My Brother and Dad were quit sure it's frame over, I think it is, isn't it only if I'm 7 or more points infront and then I foul on the black and my opponent is then level that we continue.

Originally Posted by Joe_7 View Post
    It was black ball finish, the scores were tied. I missed the black completely and fouled leaving me 7 behind and needing to pot the black again to equal the scores for a respot.

My Brother and Dad were quit sure it's frame over, I think it is, isn't it only if I'm 7 or more points infront and then I foul on the black and my opponent is then level that we continue.
    Hi Joe,
    your Brother an Dad were right. When only the black is left on the table the first "score" counts and ends the frame (exept the scores are tied after the foul). No matter if the black was pottet or a foul on the black would be comitted. In your case it left you 7 points behind and therefore you lost the frame. In the case your opponent was 7 behind before the shot, the scores would be tied after the foul on the Black. Then the Black would be respottet.

Comment

KKyra is correct: the first score or foul ends the frame, the winner being the person with the most points when the appropriate points are added for that last shot.

4. End of Frame, Game or Match
      (a) When only the Black is left, the first score or foul ends the frame excepting only if the following conditions both apply:
      (i) the scores are then equal, and
      (ii) aggregate scores are not relevant.

Comment

Working...
      X