Question about colours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about colours

Today when I was playing I only had the Yellow, Green, Brown, Blue, Pink, Black left. I potted the Yellow and Green but hit the brown and it jumped off the table (dead cusion). My mate set the brown back up, is this correct, I thought the brown stayed off the table.

RE: Colours.

Hi there.

I think this is right. I would put it back on it's spot anyway and give your opponent 4 points.
    Name: Benjamin Hegan Age:15

Best Matchplay Break : 55.

Best Practice break (line up) : 91.

Comment

Yes, a colour needs to be fairly potted to stay down. If a foul is committed during the process of pocketing a colour then it is respotted.

Comment

i think the green should have been put back as well.

Comment

Having re-read the OP I'm unsure if the brown was knocked off the table in the same stroke that the green was pocketed. If so, then yes, green too should have been re-spotted, in accordance with what I said in my last comment. If a foul is committed, then *ALL* colours pocketed in that stroke should be respotted.

Comment

Indeed both brown and green back on their spots
            2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
            2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

don't mean to be argumentative souwester,but the last sentence in each of your posts are different,( how i read them.)

Comment

Green and Brown go back on the spot, yes.

Comment

Originally Posted by flame View Post
                  don't mean to be argumentative souwester,but the last sentence in each of your posts are different,( how i read them.)
                  Hmmm, not sure how you're reading them that way, as the second posting was only really an expansion on the first.

If a colour goes into a pocket, but during the course of that stroke a foul was made (whether it be player's hand touching another colour, a ball not on entering a pocket, cue ball hitting a ball not on before hitting the ball on, whatever) then any colours which have entered pockets as part of that stroke are respotted.

Comment

Hi guys,

Just to clarify.
                    The green was one shot, the brown was a different shot when it hit the cushion knuckle and bounced off the table.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                      Hi guys,

Just to clarify.
                      The green was one shot, the brown was a different shot when it hit the cushion knuckle and bounced off the table.
                      Three for the green and then four for your opponent. Respot brown.

Did you win the frame?

Comment

So the green stays pocketed and the brown is re-spotted........
                        Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                        Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
                          So the green stays pocketed and the brown is re-spotted........
                          The green was fairly potted in an EARLIER stroke to the foul on the brown, so yes the green stays down and the brown in respotted for the stroke in which the brown was forced off the table.

As has been said earlier, if BOTH the green was pocketed and the brown forced off the table in the SAME stroke, then they would both be respotted.

Comment

I totally agree.....
                            Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                            Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

The section(s) of the rules which apply here..

7. Spotting Colours
                              Any colour pocketed or forced off the table shall be spotted before the next stroke is made, until finally potted under Section 3 Rule 3(f).

3. Mode of Play
                              (f) ...
                              (iii) The colours then become on in the ascending order of their value as per Section 3 Rule 1(a) and when next potted remain off the table, except as provided for in Rule 4 below, and the striker plays the next stroke at the next colour on.

4. End of Frame, Game or Match
                              .. frame/game/match ending conditions which do not apply here ..

So, as the brown was not potted it is re-spotted.
                              "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
                              - Linus Pauling

Comment

Working...
                              X