High break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High break

Hi, my high break in a league match is 63, in a friendly match is 64 and whilst playing on my own i hit a 75, now my question is when i get asked what my highest break is which one of the scores do i say? clearly the 75 sounds the best but is that a bit misleading? look forward to your opinons, thanks..

Practice breaks don't count as there is no pressure on. If I was counting practice breaks I have most properly have made hundreds of century breaks on the line up, yet I wouldn't dream of saying to anyone that I had made a century break.
    Breaks made when playing against someone in any kind of a game either practice or comps do count.
    That’s how I see it any way.
    Last edited by cazmac1; 19 December 2010, 10:13 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Yeah, your "high break" must be from a match, be it friendly or competitive.
      Practice breaks are still worth recording though, they are a good measure of progress.

Hey, 64 is pretty good anyway! How long have you been playing?
      Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

for me its against a person in a frame situation,so no solo practice breaks & certainly no line ups!
        H.b.142

Comment

i've been playing for a few years now,should have a higher break really but i always seem to bottle it when i get to 40`s or 50`s, I see your from suffolk, i`m in ipswich,where do you play?

Comment

To be fair it was no line up,i spread the reds all over the table,but i get your point.

Comment

As others have said, I would only count a break made against an opponent in a PROPER frame... Whether in a match or just friendly doesn't matter too much but it should be a proper frame and NOT scattering balls around the table. However, match condition does put more pressure on so I always tell people 'I've had a 136 in practice and a 134 in a match, and missed the black!'
              Highest Break
              Practice: 136 (2005)
              Match: 134 (2006)
              In 2011: 94
              Centuries made: 50+

Comment

Hi Stewie I play in Lowestoft (Pot Black Club).

Comment

My high break is 87. I played it last year at a little match versus a colleague in Gdansk, Poland. I play since 38 years so it coul be higher but I practice not very often. The reason is that my job left not very much time and I don't stay for a longer time at the same city. And at the new city at first I must spend some of my free time to find a place for practice and when I'm found one then I'm often have to leave this city because my job takes me to another city.

Comment

I totally agree, breaks should only be counted when its against an opponent whether it be in matchplay or a friendly game your mate.......

Originally Posted by nevets View Post
                    Hi Stewie I play in Lowestoft (Pot Black Club).
                    Hi Nevets......

Pot Black very nice little club, I used to enjoy a few frames there myself!! I used to play out of the Potters Club in Halesworth......
                    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Sadly, in the new year, Pot Black (only snooker club in town now) will start to become more of a pool club. A couple of snooker tables are coming out to be replaced by pool tables. More may follow as it's now owned by an ex-pool pro with a plan.

(Nothing against pool BTW, but still want to play snooker)

Comment

Originally Posted by nevets View Post
                        Sadly, in the new year, Pot Black (only snooker club in town now) will start to become more of a pool club. A couple of snooker tables are coming out to be replaced by pool tables. More may follow as it's now owned by an ex-pool pro with a plan.

(Nothing against pool BTW, but still want to play snooker)
                        Here in Germany where I currently live is currently the opposite trend, the numbers of snooker tables increases.

Comment

That's good to know. Clubs are closing all over in the UK, used to be 4 in my town, now one, maybe soon zero.

Maybe this needs a new thread. This is the high break thread.

Sorry chaps

Comment

Working...
                          X