No announcement yet.

snooker practising routines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do the soft talisman tips hold their chalk better than the medium tips?

Comment

Yes i think they hold their chalk better and they,re nothing like elks . They are a nice solid hit with minimal throw and the feeling amonst the balls is lovely . They are firm but nor hard .

Comment

i think youve forced me then. im going to buy them instead and see how i get on i will let you know thanks

Comment

give them a few hours as they take a little bit of time to bed in nicely .

John Parrot site is the cheapest i found .

Comment

yeah bit cheaper thanks plus i got some gel glue aswell so hopefully be good. it didnt say when it would get here so i hope it gets here this week as its xmas and they stop delivering for a bit soon.

Comment

The Bison glue is excellent , brilliant grip and it gives you a few seconds to get the tip right .

Comment

how do i setup the X formation? is there a specific place to start as well

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                  Ok no probs , just out of interest have you tried Talisman soft , i used to use mediums which i liked but found the soft much nicer , especiall amongst the balls , much more feel to them imo .
                  I put my talisman soft tip on today and it felt luvly after a few frames I had a couple of 40s and had a 67 could have been more but went out of position but the tip has a nice feel to the balls when you get in thanks for the advice.

Comment

Originally Posted by centurysnooker View Post
                    I put my talisman soft tip on today and it felt luvly after a few frames I had a couple of 40s and had a 67 could have been more but went out of position but the tip has a nice feel to the balls when you get in thanks for the advice.
                    I,ve had mine on a good few weeks now and the feeling stays the same when bedded in , i think it will last six months quite easy .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                      I,ve had mine on a good few weeks now and the feeling stays the same when bedded in , i think it will last six months quite easy .
                      i hope so but im not sure because i play a lot and i tend to play alot of my shots just below middle so my coach sais and this causes one side of the tip to go down slightly more than the other.

Comment

I play a good few hours also . Naturally if you like punching the balls etc the tip will wear down on one side mine does but not half as much as a pressed tip . When it does wear a little i never file the high part i just play shots hard with top to even the tip out .

Comment

yeah i always end up roughing the tip up a bit and making sure the tip is the same i dont have a dome shape i like mine quite flat so it nice to even out every now and then i just need to enter some bigger tournys would be nice

Comment

Working...
                          X