Free Ball Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Ball Question

Situation: only colours left on the table, only the Black and Blue on their spots. My opponent needs a snooker and he gets one. I miss the yellow which is down near the black and I get the white behind the green (which is near the blue).
    My opponent is snookered on the yellow, he takes the free ball option and selects the green and tries to snooker me behind the blue.
    He hits the green but does not reach the blue and ends up snookering me behind the green – the free ball.
    This is a foul – as you cannot be snookered behind the ball chosen as the free ball.
    Can I confirm the following:
    1. Four points away (i.e. to me)
    2. I now have a free ball option. (or the others, "let the opponent play", "replace the balls", etc.)
    Many thanks
    DeanH
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Yes it was a foul (assuming the green is the nearest obstructing ball to the cue ball), the penalty being the value of the ball on (yellow) so four points.

You have the usual options after a foul: play yourself from the position left or ask you opponent to play from there. A Miss wasn't called (because your opponent nominated green and first hit the ball he nominated) so you cannot replace the balls. If you are snookered on your ball on you have the option of a free ball too.

The only time you can lay a snooker behind your nominated free ball is when only pink and black are left on the table. If, after a foul, you are snookered on the pink, you can nominate black and lay a snooker behind it.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.
      Of course no Miss and no replace as he hit the ball on, cool.
      Many thanks
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
      X