foul or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foul or not?

if you needed to cue over a ball to reach the white could you put your chalk on the table so you could put your finger on the table and reach a bit more is this a foul. and also if you had to bridge over a ball to hit the white again could you get the rest out and put your hand on top of the rest and shoot using your hand on top of the rest?

Yes you are able to do that as Long as you don't do a FOUL SHOT.

As Long as the Chalk doesn't Touch Any Balls and make Sure you have One Foot on the Floor.

Hope this Helps Gaz.

Comment

yeah, i cant imagine that being a foul...ive never seen it done but yeah....its interesting and makes me wonder what else you could use if you can use some chalk...ie, a more sturdy thing, like a book (if you so happen to carry books around haha)
      what a frustrating, yet addictive game this is....

Comment

How about four blocks, one for each finger ?

Comment

yeah it happened to me earlier and i hate bridging over balls but i didnt take a book with me to snooker today luke lol but if it isnt a foul then you must be able to use anything aslong as it dont damage the table or do a foul.

Comment

It must be a foul otherwise whats to stop players getting a thick book and place that where you want your hand and cue over the white.

Comment

can you use anything that isnt a foul rather than using the rest to bridge over a ball then?

Comment

Perhaps you can rest your hand on your mini (by standing your mini on the table with the butt end touching the cloth) and that would give you lots of height. What do you think?
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Would be interesting to see what the reaction is if a pro did this in a televised match
                  Cheers
                  Steve

Comment

Doesn't Happen much in a Game or Match does it where you cannot hit Any Ball without Bridging?

It Definately isn't a Foul mas you are able to Use any apperatus as you Like....So you Could Use Chalk etc

I don't think a Pro would like to Put his Fingers in Chalk Live on TV thats why it hasn't Happend....

Comment

Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
                      It must be a foul otherwise whats to stop players getting a thick book and place that where you want your hand and cue over the white.
                      I imagine that this clause is intended to stop it:

4. Ancillary

Various cue rests, long cues (called butts and half-butts according to length), extensions and adaptors may be used by players faced with difficult positions for cueing. These may form part of the equipment normally found at the table but also include equipment introduced by either player or the referee (see also Section 3 Rule 18). All extensions, adaptors and other devices to aid cueing must be of a design approved by the WPBSA.

Comment

you cant put your chalk on the table and then stick your finger in it to reach over a ball
                        this would be a foul

Comment

this would be a foul
                          Which rule are you applying?

..... must be of a design approved by the WPBSA.
                          As far as I know, a piece of chalk is approved.
                          You are only the best on the day you win.

Comment

If you want a higher bridge you could always try this,http://snookerbilliardspool.blogspot...-rest-aid.html

Comment

Originally Posted by DawRef View Post
                              As far as I know, a piece of chalk is approved.
                              "...and other devices to aid cueing must be of a design approved..."
                              I assume a lump of chalk is not approved as a "cueing aid".
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X