World Snooker Trickshot Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Snooker Trickshot Championships

will be held tomorrow at the Preston Guildhall. Anyone knows who will participate in it?

Anyone have a list of previous winners?

I seem to remember Terry Griffiths won it in about 1990, and I'm pretty sure it's been every year since.

Comment

That Amazing Bogdan always particiapates (and wins), Steve Davis might, I recall Dominic Dale. These 3 maybe

Originally Posted by The Statman
      Anyone have a list of previous winners?

I seem to remember Terry Griffiths won it in about 1990, and I'm pretty sure it's been every year since.
      Year .. Winner(s) .. Venue
      1992 .. Terry Griffiths .. Stoke
      1993 .. Mike Massey .. Brentwood, Essex
      1994 .. Steve Davis, Terry Griffiths .. Sun City, South Africa
      1995 .. Steve Davis .. Sun City, South Africa
      1996 .. Alain Robidoux .. Sun City, South Africa
      1997 .. Steve Davis, Dennis Taylor, Mike Massey .. Dagenham, Essex
      1998 .. Dennis Taylor .. Antwerp, Belgium
      1999 .. Bogdan Wolkowski .. Paisley, Renfrewshire
      2000 .. Bogdan Wolkowski .. Glenrothes, Fife
      2001 .. Bogdan Wolkowski .. Croydon, London
      2002 .. Bogdan Wolkowski .. Glenrothes, Fife
      2003 .. Bogdan Wolkowski .. Sunderland
      2004 .. Bogdan Wolkowski .. Colwyn Bay, Wales
      2005 .. Mike Massey .. Doncaster, England

Comment

I remember when Terry won the first one (compered by Jeremy Beadle), on being presented with the trophy he said, "It's nice to win the competition; it's nice to win a competition."

Comment

Originally Posted by The Statman
          I remember when Terry won the first one (compered by Jeremy Beadle), on being presented with the trophy he said, "It's nice to win the competition; it's nice to win a competition."
          Terry went on to say he was a bit embarrassed to win because Mike Massey was the most amazing trickshot player he ever saw.

Didn't Beadle introduce Mike Massey as "one of the greatest snooker and billiards players in the World" ?

Comment

Well, of course people like Bogdan Wolkowski and Mike Massey are way, way better than Davis, Taylor and Griffiths if you mean in terms of trick shot playing ability.

Comment

Yes, but in terms of being a great at snooker or billiards? Tennessee Tarzan was a Pool shooter! lol

Comment

theyre all nowhere near as good as Semih at trickshots - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUbC0AkMuio

(hope that link is ok, mods)

then again, it is snooker trickshots, but the shots made are rarely snooker shots anyway.

Comment

I am sure Steve Davis is gonna play. But Bogdan Wolkowski is way too good!

Hope to see some great shots this year!
                  Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

I don't like Bogdan. I really prefer it when actual players join the Trick Shot championship and not someone who exclusively does trick shots. But that's just me.
                    "I'll be back next year." --Jimmy White

Comment

jesus semih is that you? what kinda table the hell is that? some amazing shots and cuball action
                      im dreaming of...a century:rolleyes: ..But one day...it will come.;)

Comment

Originally Posted by elvaago
                        I don't like Bogdan. I really prefer it when actual players join the Trick Shot championship and not someone who exclusively does trick shots. But that's just me.
                        Me too, the first one was real good entertainment, lots of laughs and jokes.

Included Terry Griffiths, Silvino Francisco, Alex Higgins, Dennis Taylor, Cliff Wilson, Rex Williams, John Virgo, Eddie Charlton "Here we go....", and Mike Massey. Have I forgotten anyone? Been year's since I watched it.

Judges were John Parrott, Steve Davis and Barry 'Earn.

Comment

has anyone else seen that vid of semihs?? OMG!
                          im dreaming of...a century:rolleyes: ..But one day...it will come.;)

Comment

I loved the later ones in Sun City where Steve Davis was obviously drunk and could barely pot a ball, telling mostly jokes rather than doing actual trickshots. I always liked Dennis Taylor and Terry Griffiths. Terry's bahskit tricks are impressive.
                            "I'll be back next year." --Jimmy White

Comment

no SL83, im not Semih Sayginer. this is my username.

hes my 2nd favourite cuesports player

anyway, snooker trickshots dont seem to be that entertaining, and so guys like boggie are brought in to add "spice" to stale shots that snooker players tend to do

great fun though, most of the time

Comment

Working...
                              X