World Snooker Trickshot Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer
    theyre all nowhere near as good as Semih at trickshots - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUbC0AkMuio

(hope that link is ok, mods)

then again, it is snooker trickshots, but the shots made are rarely snooker shots anyway.
    How the hell does he do some of that stuff. It's amazing

Comment

Originally Posted by ..KiD DyNaMiTe..

How the hell does he do some of that stuff. It's amazing
      loads of different factors.....cloth, cloth temperature, cushion "tension", ball weight/size etc......

best to read up on carom billiards to get a better understanding. thats what i did when i first got interested.

Comment

Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer
        loads of different factors.....cloth, cloth temperature, cushion "tension", ball weight/size etc......

best to read up on carom billiards to get a better understanding. thats what i did when i first got interested.
        Oh right so he could never do that in a snooker match. Yeah I'll have a read

Comment

Originally Posted by ..KiD DyNaMiTe..
          Oh right so he could never do that in a snooker match
          not at all, or at least not with the desired effect, although those shots are difficult on a carom table. erm, in fact theyre near impssible for the high majority.....

Comment

THe fact that trickshots takes an age to set up means that a good trick shot player needs some personality to woo the crowd whilst he is basically doing nothing of interest on the table.

Bogdan lacks this, it maybe be unfair as English is by far not his best language but it still takes something from the entertainment factor. I would much rather watch Masse, Virgo, Taylor or even Steve sdo a routine from a sheer entertainment point of view.

I'm surprised Mike keeps going to them as on merit he should have won about 8 of them by now but always seems to get beaten by inferior routines.

Comment

with regards to the first year I remember Cliff Wislon doing an amazing shot (albeit on the thirs or fourth attempt) where he just scattered the balls and pot the black off 5 cushions.

I remember it being a shot he made up on the spot but then i was nine at the time so maybe it was easier and more planned than i remember. DIes anyone know the shot i mean?

Comment

I went to the trickshot competition in 2002 when Bogdan won. It was ok, as some shots were new on the scene.

Although the night was good fun (good banter, jokes etc), I don't think I would go again,,,,,,, seen one, you've seen them all
                Mon the Rocket

Comment

Working...
                X