Players Leaving The Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
    God help you if you drew Peter Ebdon. You'd need an hefty overdraft if you kept losing to him!!
    Maybe that's why he had to move from Dubae.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

What are the guidelines that are in place currently or is it referees discretion?
      I cannot find a definitive ruling, but I suspect the following would be applicable:

Section 5 Rule 1 The Referee

(a) The referee shall
      (i) be the sole judge of fair and unfair play
      (ii) be free to make a decision in the interests of fair play for any situation not covered adequately by Rule
      (iii) be responsible for the proper conduct of the game under these rules

Or, Section 4 Rule 1

(b) any conduct by a Player which in the opinion of the referee is wilfully or persistently unfair; or
      (c) any other conduct by a Player which otherwise amounts to Ungentlemanly Conduct....
      Last edited by DawRef; 10 January 2011, 09:07 PM. Reason: spelling
      You are only the best on the day you win.

Comment

You're wrong. There is nothing ungentlemanly going in after a frame, when it's almost certain that your opponent is going to do it in the next frame or so.
        Looks like I'm the only one happy with after frame breaks
        All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

Originally Posted by montoya10 View Post
          You're wrong. There is nothing ungentlemanly going in after a frame, when it's almost certain that your opponent is going to do it in the next frame or so.
          Looks like I'm the only one happy with after frame breaks
          But more often than not, it's the player that's just lost the frame who initiates the 'comfort break' surely you can't tell me there's no element of gamesmanship intended there?

-
          The slow and labourious,

Comment

If BOTH players leave the arena, then no problem, though a bit frustrating. However, if ONE player is consistently doing it ( I refer to the 2010 World quarter (?) final with Neil Robertson), then that player SHOULD be warned.
            You are only the best on the day you win.

Comment

Mark Williams left after his first frame, which I thought was very strange.
              :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
                Mark Williams left after his first frame, which I thought was very strange.
                :snooker:
                He took his cue with him as well..
                "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Probably because his last shot in the first frame was a massive miscue.

Comment

I know this may be controversial to some of you in this PC world we live in now but hear me out........these tournaments used to be sponsored by cigarette companies in the good old days. The Benson & Hedges masters and the Embassy world championship. Mabey some players are just "nipping out for a fag" as promoting smoking is no longer acceptable on television now.

Comment

Originally Posted by amactaggart View Post
                      I know this may be controversial to some of you in this PC world we live in now but hear me out........these tournaments used to be sponsored by cigarette companies in the good old days. The Benson & Hedges masters and the Embassy world championship. Mabey some players are just "nipping out for a fag" as promoting smoking is no longer acceptable on television now.
                      I didn't think of that, you may have a point there. I wonder how many of them smoke these days? Wouldn't it funny if one of them set off the smoke alarm while having a quick drag in the loo, ay-up we're back to the naughty schoolboy thing again.

-
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

Perhaps the camera should do a close up of the players nostrils when they return - just to appease those who may believe chemical dependency issues are to blame !

Comment

Working...
                        X